Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behave and give your head a little wobble.

I'm not expecting him to crack one into the top corner every game or run around like Maradona.

The game we play and the position he holds means he has loads of possession. At least half of his passes would have been under 5 yards. That's not a criticism by the way but just a note to not focus overtly on statistics.

On a number of times his decision making was poor. That's all I'm saying.

How anyone can say today he had a great game is beyond me. What did he do to deserve any merits today? I don't remember a single stand out moment when, considering we scored six, is quite something.

If Barkley wasn't a local lad he wouldn't have half the support he gets.
NO Charlie

I'm not expecting him to crack one into the top corner every game or run around like Maradona.

The game we play and the position he holds means he has loads of possession. At least half of his passes would have been under 5 yards. That's not a criticism by the way but just a note to not focus overtly on statistics.

How anyone can say today he had a great game is beyond me. What did he do to deserve any merits today? I don't remember a single stand out moment when, considering we scored six, is quite something.

You said "Ross was shocking today".

He wasn't.

A such, you're clueless.

Opinions mate. We all have them.

He was poor today.

No, he objectively wasn't.

Have an opinion, fine, but what you're doing is basically saying "grass is orange".

You're asking for "stand out moments" - that's your problem. You are clueless, as you think he has to have stand out moments instead of being the cog the entire machine runs on in order to have a good game.

So again - clueless.

I think 97 of those 106 passes were those silly little "to me to you" 1-2's he loves to play.

Had to laugh when you could hear the crowd getting annoyed after him and someone else spent about 2 mins doing it.

Thank god Besic wasn't on the pitch today, they'd still be out there now doing it.

"you have it, no you have it, no you have it, no you have it, no you have OH JUST PASS THE BLOODY BALL TO SOMEONE ELSE UP THE PITCH FFS!"

The second goal today was the best goal we have scored this season. I said so in the match thread. Not because of the finish, but the build up.

At the time, Sunderland were buoyant and hurting us on the counter. What we did was put our foot on the ball, keep possession, and gradually moved up the pitch. Sunderland dropped back into shape, and we pinned them behind the ball. The goal came as a result of keeping them static and suddenly changing the pace to get the opportunity on goal.

It was beautifully done - Barkley was instrumental to that style of play. We were multi-paced today; we knew when to kill the game dead and when to step up. If Stones hadn't have made that mistake on the edge of half time, Sunderland would have been buried about 7-0 today due to our game management.

He had a good solid game, not his best this season but definitely not his worse.
In that position as you say he does get a lot of possession, alot of the time with his back to goal, therefore a lot of his passes will be back to barry, mccarthy or an advancing full back, it is the same with ozil etc, its about keeping the move moving at the right time, pass and move pass and move.

What it does is it allows people to advance ahead of him and in turn he can find a better position and turn himself and build an attack, If he turned everytime he got the ball he'd lose it and our attacks would constantly break down, and then imagine the flack he'd get. he cant win really with some people.

No, he objectively wasn't.

Have an opinion, fine, but what you're doing is basically saying "grass is orange".

You're asking for "stand out moments" - that's your problem. You are clueless, as you think he has to have stand out moments instead of being the cog the entire machine runs on in order to have a good game.

So again - clueless.

He's given a free role. I watched the game intently and don't remember a single moment where I though "well done Ross". Not one. If we wasn't scouse and instead he was a Scot or Irish lad we'd spent £10m on from Wigan he'd have nothing like the fans he gets.

You're having a mare here mate. He misplaced 6 out of 106 passes today. He was an outlet to our defence and kept the ball moving. He played Mirallas through who on another day would have scored and if it wasn't for his driving run through the middle Kone wouldn't have had his 2nd goal. And that's just off the top of my head.

He needs to quit half-assing challenges; that will get you hurt. He had a similar moment in the Arsenal game where he could have had a break had he gone through the ball.

He's given a free role. I watched the game intently and don't remember a single moment where I though "well done Ross". Not one. If we wasn't scouse and instead he was a Scot or Irish lad we'd spent £10m on from Wigan he'd have nothing like the fans he gets.

Well, I'll give you credit for one thing. You've gone full in on the whole being clueless thing, no half measures at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back