Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's played over a 100 games and has 17 England caps.

At what point does he stop being "still green"?

How often do you have a 21yo as the main playmaker in one of the top teams in one of the top leagues in the world?

Not very often is the answer.

He stops being still green when you don't see it in his game anymore. I have no idea when that will be.

I personally am very happy we have given a young local player the chance to grow in the team, and am going to have lots of patience with him until he reaches the levels I think he will. Behind many great and very good players, before they solidified their reputations, there was many a game or season of inconsistency interspersed with great moments.

You can continue on expecting and demanding maturity and consistency NOW from a young player. Don't forget to boo.

How often do you have a 21yo as the main playmaker in one of the top teams in one of the top leagues in the world?

He stops being still green when you don't see it in his game anymore. I have no idea when that will be.

I personally am very happy we have given a young local player the chance to grow in the team, and am going to have lots of patience with him until he reaches the levels I think he will. Behind many great and very good players, before they solidified their reputations, there was many a game or season of inconsistency interspersed with great moments.

You can continue on expecting and demanding maturity and consistency NOW from a young player. Don't forget to boo.
Well said mate
Absolute joke they way some of our fans have a pop at this lad

Like you I said so many times Last season
Let's see when he's 24/25 and got 250 games under his belt

Love Ross and he will continue to improve. One thing that always sticks out to me is that final ball on a breakaway. He either takes too long to make the pass or will make a pass that is just a little behind the player. That pass will in a way hurt the flow of the break. Just something I always notice. Ross is still boss!!!

Love Ross and he will continue to improve. One thing that always sticks out to me is that final ball on a breakaway. He either takes too long to make the pass or will make a pass that is just a little behind the player. That pass will in a way hurt the flow of the break. Just something I always notice. Ross is still boss!!!

He needs to make one little adjustment, like when I discovered I just had to stand one more click to the left on Wii bowling and then dominated it.

I think it shows his level of ability and development that people are criticising him for a "quiet" game. The lads was superb and measured in his approach even if he didn't produce nothing spectacular. He just keeps getting better and better with more game time. We've got a diamond ;)

Just for some perspective the Premier League players with the most passes per game in the last season were Yaya Toure, Cesc Fabregas and David Silva who averaged 75-80 passes per game.

In fact the likes of Matic, Blind, Carrick and Barry were in the top 10 with an average of around 60 per game.

Absolutely superb post. Well said mate.
We as a fan base love youth in the team because it's exciting, but don't temper that with the understanding that it'll bring inconsistency at times.
Barkley has matured so much this season. Absolutely love him.

Just for some perspective the Premier League players with the most passes per game in the last season were Yaya Toure, Cesc Fabregas and David Silva who averaged 75-80 passes per game.

In fact the likes of Matic, Blind, Carrick and Barry were in the top 10 with an average of around 60 per game.

Loves a pointless little 1-2 does Ross, mind.

.....I was critical of his form and lack of application last season but he's doing really well this time around as far as I'm concerned. He reminds me of Bobby Charlton but he will have to raise his game a couple of levels to truly emulate that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back