Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often do you have a 21yo as the main playmaker in one of the top teams in one of the top leagues in the world?

Not very often is the answer.

He stops being still green when you don't see it in his game anymore. I have no idea when that will be.

I personally am very happy we have given a young local player the chance to grow in the team, and am going to have lots of patience with him until he reaches the levels I think he will. Behind many great and very good players, before they solidified their reputations, there was many a game or season of inconsistency interspersed with great moments.

You can continue on expecting and demanding maturity and consistency NOW from a young player. Don't forget to boo.

I'd never boo at a game so please don't lower yourself to that sort of comment. In your world can a fan not criticise a player? I accept Barkley has talent and huge potential. He's just also one of the most frustrating players to pull on a blue shirt in many a year.

After 100+ games and a load of internationals he's no longer a novice.

I'd never boo at a game so please don't lower yourself to that sort of comment. In your world can a fan not criticise a player? I accept Barkley has talent and huge potential. He's just also one of the most frustrating players to pull on a blue shirt in many a year.

After 100+ games and a load of internationals he's no longer a novice.

He's 21 you mentalist. Your either clueless or on the wind up I can't decide which one.

Age has nothing to do with it. I accept he's talented but he's also incredibly self indulgent. He'd benefit from a tougher manager in my opinion.

Want me to tell you where a 21 year old Gareth Bale was? (you know the most expensive player in the world) he was benched week in week out by Spurs due to poor performances.

Age has everything to do with a players development. Your talking rubbish pal.

Age has nothing to do with it. I accept he's talented but he's also incredibly self indulgent. He'd benefit from a tougher manager in my opinion.

No, he'd benefit from some guidance not a kick up the ar5e. He needs mentoring, he needs nurturing, ne needs to encouraged... he does not need to be scolded.
Said it many, many times before, the ideal person to mentor Ross would be Colin Harvey. He could teach Ross such a lot just be talking to him and helping him analyse his own game.

Nailed on for a £50m transfer to City or Chelsea in summer the way he's playing. Who could blame him, when he's 21 and playing like he is but still gets slaughtered by his own so called fans. Embarrassing.
If he was 28 and cost us £20m and made some of the decisions he does then fine, but Jesus Christ he's one of our own.

Want me to tell you where a 21 year old Gareth Bale was? (you know the most expensive player in the world) he was benched week in week out by Spurs due to poor performances.

Age has everything to do with a players development. Your talking rubbish pal.

YOU'RE not making much sense either mate.

Hold on. People slating him?

Head wobbles needed.
head-shake-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back