Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nailed on for a £50m transfer to City or Chelsea in summer the way he's playing. Who could blame him, when he's 21 and playing like he is but still gets slaughtered by his own so called fans. Embarrassing.
If he was 28 and cost us £20m and made some of the decisions he does then fine, but Jesus Christ he's one of our own.

And I for one would applaud the board for taking such a decision. £50m or even £30m is indicative of the worth of a genuine world class talent.

Ross isn't world class yet and given his lack of improvement over the course of his first 100 games I'd struggle to identify with an argument that suggests he's going to get a lot better.

If you care to recall he also showed glimpses of sublime talent when he first broke into the team.

Evertonians don't deserve nice things.

They get treated like nobheads.

Here you go mate. You are welcome. Xx

andrex.webp

Want me to tell you where a 21 year old Gareth Bale was? (you know the most expensive player in the world) he was benched week in week out by Spurs due to poor performances.

Age has everything to do with a players development. Your talking rubbish pal.

I'm pretty sure that the Bale you mention hadn't played 100+ games at that stage

Nailed on for a £50m transfer to City or Chelsea in summer the way he's playing. Who could blame him, when he's 21 and playing like he is but still gets slaughtered by his own so called fans. Embarrassing.
If he was 28 and cost us £20m and made some of the decisions he does then fine, but Jesus Christ he's one of our own.

.......I could understand the disquiet last season, he was poor and the subject of too many excuses. This season, however, has seen a marked improvement in form and attitude. Unlike Stones, I see him struggling to settle elsewhere and suspect he won't be knocking on the managers door asking for a move. There was no interest in him last summer but expect there might be this time around.

Thought it was more exciting when Baines and Pienaar were linking up, or when Arteta or Gravesen were in top form, but I guess everyone is different.

Ross very rarely plays the right pass after one of his runs forward tbh.
Just remind me how many trophies them lot won us because I've forgotten
Or how many times they turned up when it mattered most

Want me to tell you where a 21 year old Gareth Bale was? (you know the most expensive player in the world) he was benched week in week out by Spurs due to poor performances.

Age has everything to do with a players development. Your talking rubbish pal.

...I think much depends on the individual. For those of my generation Alan Ball was MoM in a World Cup Final at that age, came to us and produced week in week out, delivering when the team most needed it. Good point about Bale, he was awful for a while at Spurs and was on the verge of leaving.

And I for one would applaud the board for taking such a decision. £50m or even £30m is indicative of the worth of a genuine world class talent.

Ross isn't world class yet and given his lack of improvement over the course of his first 100 games I'd struggle to identify with an argument that suggests he's going to get a lot better.

If you care to recall he also showed glimpses of sublime talent when he first broke into the team.

To be perfectly honest with you, I'd rather buy you a bus ticket for a rather long journey away from our club, your utter lack of support for a superb prospect is quite frankly abhorrent to me and I suspect others.
I'm not suggesting Ross is perfect or anything yet close to being the finished article, but I'd rather have him with imperfections and have him work to improve as an Everton player than have him sold and see him reach full potential in some other clubs colours.

...I think much depends on the individual. For those of my generation Alan Ball was MoM in a World Cup Final at that age, came to us and produced week in week out, delivering when the team most needed it. Good point about Bale, he was awful for a while at Spurs and was on the verge of leaving.

Most, if not all, of that team have said pretty much that mate. Which I know you know.

Ross is looking good to me. Not perfect, far from it at times. But as Blockhead has said, 100% would rather see him develop, screw up, score goals, and become acer in our blue shirt than anyone elses.

Bally was one of those once every twenty or thirty years type of players, if Ross ends up 70% of the player that Bally was we'll be well happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back