Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most, if not all, of that team have said pretty much that mate. Which I know you know.

Ross is looking good to me. Not perfect, far from it at times. But as Blockhead has said, 100% would rather see him develop, screw up, score goals, and become acer in our blue shirt than anyone elses.

....absolutely. It might be that the penny just drops like it apparently did with Bale.

Ross is boss. He loses the ball far less than any other midfielder.

You only notice when he misplays a pass because he generally has got himself into a boss position so it's more noticeable as its a more important attacking pass.

He's fantastic and you can see the bond forming between all the young supserstars in the squad... Ross Del Romelu. I hope we can kick on from now so Stones can see the same vision. And hope Roms agent gets kidnapped.

Age has nothing to do with it. I accept he's talented but he's also incredibly self indulgent. He'd benefit from a tougher manager in my opinion.

very easy just throw phrases like that around when attempting to discuss a footballer, but can you expand on what you mean...why you think that?

it seems to me your assuming a lot about whats going on his head, why he makes the poor decisions he does and labelling him with certain attitude.

The driving run? Do you mean Kone's second? Ross ran into an open space and then played a bad ball to McCarthy?

So you agree with my other points? And without the run, there is no goal. To be honest mate I'm not going to continue this, you think he had a shocker which contradicts everyone else's opinion and you're clearly not going to give him any credit.

And I for one would applaud the board for taking such a decision. £50m or even £30m is indicative of the worth of a genuine world class talent.

Ross isn't world class yet and given his lack of improvement over the course of his first 100 games I'd struggle to identify with an argument that suggests he's going to get a lot better.

If you care to recall he also showed glimpses of sublime talent when he first broke into the team.

so...always sell our players if other teams offer much more money than you think they are worth? and then applaud?

That tell us everthing we need to know
Probably wouldn't sell McCarthy for 50mil
But would be happy to see Ross leave

Yes I'd happily sell McCarthy for £50m. In fact apart from Rom I'd happily see any of our players for that price in a heartbeat.

It's a business and you have to welcome selling anyone whose market price is high and they're probably not going to improve beyond that.

Apart from the obvious I'd put Coleman in that category as well.

So you agree with my other points? And without the run, there is no goal. To be honest mate I'm not going to continue this, you think he had a shocker which contradicts everyone else's opinion and you're clearly not going to give him any credit.

Blimey this is frustrating. For that Kone second goal it was only McCarthy's skill that created the chance from that poor pass.

Blimey this is frustrating. For that Kone second goal it was only McCarthy's skill that created the chance from that poor pass.

And who ran the ball 60 yards up the pitch at speed so no Sunderland player could get back before sucking three defenders in to give the others space? Ok he botched the pass but you see that loads on those 4 on 2 moments. The defenders never commit so the inclination of a player is to just keep going. The final ball is invariably either too soon or too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back