Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross is boss.

He's not Gascoigne, nor Maradona....he will run games though and will always be showing for the ball. Looks like his confidence is back and by Christmas I reckon he will be on fire.

There was a period of like 25 passes during the game in which every player barkley passed to, they just passed it back to him, every time. It was taking the pish out of sunderland and was quite enjoyable to watch. Keep up the form Ross. Shame he wasn't in on the goals yesterday, must be saving them for West Ham

When he swaggers forward on one of those countering runs, there are few more exciting players in the league

Under Moyes the most exciting part of a game was usually when we had a set piece around the box, or a corner, with Tim Cahill and Lescott in the box. Now, one of the most consistently exciting sights of this current crop is when Barkley or Lukaku are charging up the pitch on a counter attack - gliding past helpless defenders. What a sight to behold.

Everytime we broke yesterday we looked capable of scoring
We had sheer pace from Barkley, Del and Lukaku

If we played more direct we'd be far more effective

Under Moyes the most exciting part of a game was usually when we had a set piece around the box, or a corner, with Tim Cahill and Lescott in the box. Now, one of the most consistently exciting sights of this current crop is when Barkley or Lukaku are charging up the pitch on a counter attack - gliding past helpless defenders. What a sight to behold.

Thought it was more exciting when Baines and Pienaar were linking up, or when Arteta or Gravesen were in top form, but I guess everyone is different.

Ross very rarely plays the right pass after one of his runs forward tbh.

Thought it was more exciting when Baines and Pienaar were linking up, or when Arteta or Gravesen were in top form, but I guess everyone is different.

Ross very rarely plays the right pass after one of his runs forward tbh.

Fully agree but he will make better decisions as he learns. He is not decisive enough, which shows his lack of confidence in that part of his game. He just needs it to come off right one or two times to get it to click.

Last edited:
The only people who don't think Ross played well appear to be evertonians, sad state of affairs this
I think that is because we see Ross play every minute and know what he is capable of doing. I don't think he played poorly but don't think he played one of his better games.

Sometimes it is hard to be patient with Ross as he is still very young. We expect him to consistently take over and shine in most games, which is unrealistic, but also shows the high level of expectation that only a great player would and should have.

Last edited:
He ran the game yesterday, just because every pass wasn't splitting the defence and every shot didn't burst the net people seem to get frustrated...

He has so much ability and I genuinely think he's developing into one of the best midfielders in the league. One of the first names on the team sheet whereas last year he was struggling to get a game. Great attitude and response from the lad.

Off the top of my head, the driving run that led to Kone's goal and on several occasions he gathered the ball facing his own goal under pressure and either turned his man and popped off a pass to get a move going or drew a foul. As others have mentioned he was dictating the play today. If you think his performance was shocking then you were either watching another game or have impossibly high standards.

The driving run? Do you mean Kone's second? Ross ran into an open space and then played a bad ball to McCarthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back