Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's always been a no8, that's his natural posistion and where he played all through the youth teams for Everton and England.

Obviously the first season was about getting him on the pitch in an area with least responsibility to defending, so no10 was perfect. But he's had to try leaning that role whilst playing it, which people don't seem to cut him any slack for.

And tbf to Roberto he's always said he's a No.8 cm player. Likening him to ballack etc. Even as far back as when the lad signed his last contract Ross was saying I'm looking forward to playing as a cm more this season.

This is the season to do it. We need a change of formation tho really. A 4-3-3 with McCarthy, Cleverley and Barkley.

I'd love us to adapt like-a-like Mourinho's formation. Think it would be suited us much much better than this 4-2-3-1 we're playing right now. Just take a look. Barry shielding defence, Macca as our muscle midfielder and Ross in a deeper role linking up midfield and offence - think he'd be brilliant in a role that Lampard played for Chelsea.

dfJ3MRT.jpg

Totally agree. The formation is all wrong at the mo to get the best out of the players available.

Although, I'd drop Barry, put McCarthy into his posistion, and put cleverley next to Ross.

Totally agree. The formation is all wrong at the mo to get the best out of the players available.

Although, I'd drop Barry, put McCarthy into his posistion, and put cleverley next to Ross.
I'd give a chance to Besic as well, but we all know Barry's gonna play every week so I have to include him.

And I think Macca would be dead boss playing "a Matic" for us. He's got all the ability you need for this position - win the ball back using power, strength and positional sense and play a simple pass to someone. He's just to wasteful playing higher up the pitch.

A reminder to the tits who get frustrated by Barkley's Bad Blunders inbetween all the magic: Yes, of course it's frustrating. But moaning doesn't help and imagine how frustrated he has to be! Give the lad some love.

This is the point tho. He makes NO more bad blunders than anyone else in the team or 95% of midfielders in the league BUT for some reason some want to pull him up anytime he does such a thing. Bizarre...very Bizare!

Drop Barry :'( Too slow. He must be in bed with Martinez and Kenwright.

Barry is completely fine - the system, however, isn't. Barry is shown up because we play two defensive midfielders with the same role who are actually very good at the role, but as a net result it offers nothing in the transitional phase of play; if we played a Barkley alongside him you'd appreciate his positional sense a lot more.

Barry is completely fine - the system, however, isn't. Barry is shown up because we play two defensive midfielders with the same role who are actually very good at the role, but as a net result it offers nothing in the transitional phase of play; if we played a Barkley alongside him you'd appreciate his positional sense a lot more.
barry is beyond dreadful, he plays like he hates football, and wants everyone else to hate it as much as him, he's winning

barry is beyond dreadful, he plays like he hates football, and wants everyone else to hate it as much as him, he's winning

Haha I do appreciate the way we play makes him look dreadful, but honestly if you look beyond it you'll see a player who does his job well but needs players to do theirs ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back