Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha spot on.....it's mental how many blues seem against this lad or seem to only see what they wanna see.

Yes he doesn't make every single pass, No he doesn't have the creativity yet of a 28yr old Fabregas or whatever age David silva is....

But he does create chances (is it his fault no one finishes them?) he does things on the ball our other players could only dream of, he scores rockets!! And he's a 21yr old blue FFS.....

The same people will moan there ass's off when he moves on...and really sets the world alight under a top class manager.

LOL. Hello there agenda.

i think he needed a bit of a rest to be honest, especially with the WC summer in amongst two full season. given the leg breaks as well it's quite a workload for a young lad.

he looked much better in pre-season though and hopefully getting the confidence back. he's a centre midfielder though, doesn't get his head up enough to be an attacking mid in my opinion.

I still think he should play a bit deeper so he can have more space with the ball. Maybe it's just me?

Not just you mate, I agree with you.

If we stick with a 4231: I would drop Barry, move McCarthy back to Barry's purely DM role, and put Ross into McCarthy's box-to-box role. Cleverly plays as 10, with Mirallas and Deulofeu on the wings.

Alternatively in a 442, McCarthy and Ross are the two CMs. Cleverly goes LM, Mirallas or Deulofeu at RM.

In a 433 the midfield, from left to right, would be Cleverly, McCarthy, Ross.

I still think he should play a bit deeper so he can have more space with the ball. Maybe it's just me?

dont know if off topic, ive been thinking about this for the season didnt know where to ask
when recording players highlights, is it not copyright? im sure theres 'so much' you can record
i was going to do a player weekly on youtube /different, but not sure if its allowed lol
do have a decent screen recorder like.

ross bossly

dont know if off topic, ive been thinking about this for the season didnt know where to ask
when recording players highlights, is it not copyright? im sure theres 'so much' you can record
i was going to do a player weekly on youtube /different, but not sure if its allowed lol
do have a decent screen recorder like.

ross bossly
I think strictly speaking you can't have any trademark of the premier league showing which is why a lot of these types of clip-reels chop off the bottom and top of the screen

Why are our fans hardest on 'one of our own'? Yes he makes mistakes and picks the wrong option, but so did I at 21. If people can't see how good he could be then more pity them. He has fantastic technical ability, use both feet, he is a unit with pace and perfect balance. Basically, he has it all and the only thing against him at the moment is experience, but that will come.

As for booing individual players of our team, any fan that does that should be disgusted with themselves. At half time they were collectively booed, which was to let them know that is not the standard we expect at Everton - IMO well deserved. In targeting individual players is that going to make them play any better? Improve their confidence? What if your boss criticised your every effort? Doesn't matter how much money they get or 'they are doing something I would do for nowt', they still have the same human frailties we all suffer. Personally attacking that person for it is not going to help.

Why are our fans hardest on 'one of our own'? Yes he makes mistakes and picks the wrong option, but so did I at 21. If people can't see how good he could be then more pity them. He has fantastic technical ability, use both feet, he is a unit with pace and perfect balance. Basically, he has it all and the only thing against him at the moment is experience, but that will come.

As for booing individual players of our team, any fan that does that should be disgusted with themselves. At half time they were collectively booed, which was to let them know that is not the standard we expect at Everton - IMO well deserved. In targeting individual players is that going to make them play any better? Improve their confidence? What if your boss criticised your every effort? Doesn't matter how much money they get or 'they are doing something I would do for nowt', they still have the same human frailties we all suffer. Personally attacking that person for it is not going to help.

There are a few fans behind my seat who slate him before he touches the ball and then wait for him to make a mistake. Most of their remarks are contradictory such as "why didn't you shoot" "don't shoot there" "run with it" "don't try to go past everyone" I've even seen them shout at the lad when McCarthy makes the mistake.

Doesn't fit anywhere in our system.

To reach his potential he needs the team to be built around him.

As it is our midfielders are either asked to play too deep or too far forward.

Brilliant performance that. Shameful from the manager that he hasn't been given more of a role there given that and Liverpool at home last year were arguably his best showings. He needs to be given games there.

Brilliant performance that. Shameful from the manager that he hasn't been given more of a role there given that and Liverpool at home last year were arguably his best showings. He needs to be given games there.
Martinez must play him every game and when he's had a very good one don't 'rest' him. Leaving him out the season before last after he'd been on fire at Swansea and won us the game was one of the worst of RMs numerous awful decisions.

If we have to play with two deep midfielders, then Barkley is perfectly suited to that role. He's not the best defensively but we'd have two there.

There are a few fans behind my seat who slate him before he touches the ball and then wait for him to make a mistake. Most of their remarks are contradictory such as "why didn't you shoot" "don't shoot there" "run with it" "don't try to go past everyone" I've even seen them shout at the lad when McCarthy makes the mistake.

They are [Poor language removed], I had to change my seat once because there was a bunch of guys who would just slate Neville from start till end. Why can't they just stay in the pub.

I'd love us to adapt like-a-like Mourinho's formation. Think it would be suited us much much better than this 4-2-3-1 we're playing right now. Just take a look. Barry shielding defence, Macca as our muscle midfielder and Ross in a deeper role linking up midfield and offence - think he'd be brilliant in a role that Lampard played for Chelsea.

dfJ3MRT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back