Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have missed the majority of the last 3 or 4 months then, becuase Ross was doing plenty of tracking and tackling.

Gerrard was not a great defensive central midfielder, just look for England and the title slip, he always needed top DMC's behind him, to get the best out of his game.

Ali does not pass the halfway line he has 2 of Dier/Ericksen/Wanyama/Dembele behind him
Neither does Coutinho (who loses the ball loads), has 2 of Can/Lucas/Wjnaldum/Henderson behind him.
Pedro runs alot, but does not track back, hence Moses and Alonso ALSO playing, AND 2 defensive minded midfield players.

Pogba needs 2 players behind him also, and one of them is Fellaini. At Juventus, he was never played in a central 2, he had 2 of Pirlo/Marchisio/Vidal, behind him.

I see a trend!!!
I haven't, and I said (somewhere on here) he's improved massively.
Does that make him a consistent threat? No.
Does his form mean that the players you listed all beat him in just about every midfield department? Yes.

???

It's important to many football fans. Local talent playing for their club. Pretty normal throughout football Ernest.

Quite right but begs the question as to why Ross hasn't signed a new contract for his boyhood club.

Davies, Pennington and apparently now DCL.

From Ronald's remarks it sounds like Ross wants Champions League. It makes no sense for the club not to offer him a new contract, if he signs it, his value goes up considerably. So I don't believe for a minute there isn't a contract for Ross to sign.

It's perfectly conceivable that he's running down his contract to go and sit on the bench at Spurs.

Quite right but begs the question as to why Ross hasn't signed a new contract for his boyhood club.

From Ronald's remarks it sounds like Ross wants Champions League. It makes no sense for the club not to offer him a new contract, if he signs it, his value goes up considerably. So I don't believe for a minute there isn't a contract for Ross to sign.

It's perfectly conceivable that he's running down his contract to go and sit on the bench at Spurs.

I've no idea why. It's football. There is negotiations to be done with both parties wanting what's best.

All the chat of why and maybe goes out the window once the contract is signed or the player is sold. I'm not going to start forming opinions on players based on rumours and supposition.

...I'm not @davek ;)

It's important to many football fans. Local talent playing for their club. Pretty normal throughout football Ernest.

I know, And I agree, Point still stands though, He's obviously nothing more than a mid table midfielder, If we want any slight hope of top 4 we have to try and sign a top quality attacking midfielder

I haven't, and I said (somewhere on here) he's improved massively.
Does that make him a consistent threat? No.
Does his form mean that the players you listed all beat him in just about every midfield department? Yes.

???
Evert department apart from assists & chances created let's remember he has 5 more assists than countinho since the beginning of last year. Yes thats correct the little magician Brazilian player of the year.

Oh & he is 3rd in chances created in the whole league this year behind erikkson & siggurdson.

Just imagine if we actually manage to see him become consistent as inconsistent he is still more creative
Than almost every other midfielder in the league

He's already had the criticism. Every week when he has the nerve to make a mistake. From teenager to now. Whether at the game or on forums like this.

I'd have nothing but disdain for fans who put the boot in if he does end up leaving.

Absolute load of tosh that mate. It's an excuse, driven up by the media to give Ross a reason to leave.

As Sherwood said a few weeks ago on Goals on Sunday, the Spurs fans haven't always been singing "Harry Kane he's one of our own". They used to give Sherwood loads of stick for playing Kane ahead of Soldado.

If he plays for a top 6 side, as a 23 year old, an England international who has been to 2 major tournaments and arriving for a decent price tag, he will get plenty of stick if he makes a mistake, plenty, much more than he gets at Everton.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/gareth-bale.219286/

See how those knowledgable Utd fans really rated Gareth Bale. I'm sure if he was coming through United's ranks they would have given him loads of time to develop, like Pogba.

If Ross wants to leave to play Champions League football, he's got a bloody cheek tbh. At least Rom has earnt it and plays like a Champions League player.

Gerrards best spell, by some distance, he had Alonso & Mascherano behind him, and Torres, Kuyt and Luis Garcia ahead of him, all quality.
Even players like Suarez, Haman, Lucas early on, Coutinho. Different level to anything Ross has played with.

Well, Ross IS our most creative player.

He dragged them to the cl with players like traore, smicer etc

If Ross wants to leave to play Champions League football, he's got a bloody cheek tbh. At least Rom has earnt it and plays like a Champions League player.

Until he plays the big teams?

It's just really bizarre for me that we throw vitriol at talented players, just because they can't single handedly win every match.
People even laughed when, a lower league team like Real Madrid, signed Tommy Graveson (another recipient of the boo boys). Oh, and before anyone mentions that Tommy didn't set the world on fire at Madrid, plenty of other 'better' players didn't do it also (a long list).
Maybe, we should buy players to complement Ross, so that we have other avenues of attack. Maybe, that's when we'll see the best of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back