Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evert department apart from assists & chances created let's remember he has 5 more assists than countinho since the beginning of last year. Yes thats correct the little magician Brazilian player of the year.

Oh & he is 3rd in chances created in the whole league this year behind erikkson & siggurdson.

Just imagine if we actually manage to see him become consistent as inconsistent he is still more creative
Than almost every other midfielder in the league
If he contributes absolutely nothing else to the team he's as much of a hindrance as he is a help by being so inconsistent, Si. I'm happy with his chances etc. but for a midfield his passing pre-NYE was horrible, he doesn't tackle, barely covers any ground. If he just drifts around in a game and has a good game - fantastic, but most the time he drifts and the team has to carry him and hope he'll produce a moment of magic when he's finally arsed to do something.

Also still exceptionally selfish and still with shocking decision making at times.

If he contributes absolutely nothing else to the team he's as much of a hindrance as he is a help by being so inconsistent, Si. I'm happy with his chances etc. but for a midfield his passing pre-NYE was horrible, he doesn't tackle, barely covers any ground. If he just drifts around in a game and has a good game - fantastic, but most the time he drifts and the team has to carry him and hope he'll produce a moment of magic when he's finally arsed to do something.

Also still exceptionally selfish and still with shocking decision making at times.
Oh so your ignoring his form from Christmas onwards

Oh so your ignoring his form from Christmas onwards
No, but a good patch a fantastic player doesn't make. He's in form right now. Jeffers had a fantastic season once upon a time too, to give a more extreme example.

Don't get me wrong, long may it continue, but will it? I want it, but sadly doubt it.

No, but a good patch a fantastic player doesn't make. He's in form right now. Jeffers had a fantastic season once upon a time too, to give a more extreme example.

Don't get me wrong, long may it continue, but will it? I want it, but sadly doubt it.

And a bad patch doesn't make a player bad...

It's has already dropped off however for me the 2 main reasons are colemans injury & schneidrlins being in & out of the team.

He has played his best football this season starting on the right. Chelsea & Liverpool he played central & he was poor.

It's clear that at this moment he struggles to impose himself on games unless the set up around him fits this is not a problem now we have money.

Personally I'd like to see siggurdson come in but to play as one of the 3 with schneidrlin & Davies/Gueye & then another creative player signed to play further up On the left.

That would be Ross siggurdson & a another behind lukaku or his replacement.

4 players with an attacking threat.

One good thing that came from his performance last weekend, was that he doesn't have the ability to play as a centre midfielder. That puts that discussion to bed, finally.

ROSS has the potential to be a top class player
But at the moment it's only potential.
Of the six sides above us which team would ROSS get a game as a regular starter and which player would he oust.
I can't think of one
Chelsea had Willian and Fabregas on the bench and at the moment they are better players than ROSS is at the moment.
I hope ROSS is aware that the grass is not always greener and takes a long hard look at his next move.
I personally hope he stays.

He does thread some nice balls through when our forward players have found space but mainly our only free players are our full backs or CB's hence sideway and backward passes. This goes against his grain as he wants to create. If the forward players are shackled and haven't worked hard enough to create a few yards of space then his options are to hang on until there is movement, try a dribble or back pass or sideways pass. He needs help. A Chelsea or Spurs are excellent at exploiting space and the likes of Barkley would flourish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back