Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club should give him until Koemans press conference to decide whether he is signing, otherwise tell him he's off.

If he doesn't sign, Koeman should hang him out to dry in his press conference, play Barkley on Friday night and let him take everything that is coming his way.

The club should give him until Koemans press conference to decide whether he is signing, otherwise tell him he's off.

If he doesn't sign, Koeman should hang him out to dry in his press conference, play Barkley on Friday night and let him take everything that is coming his way.
Problem with that though is other clubs will know we need him gone this summer and it'll weaken our bargaining position.

We need to get the biggest fee from interested clubs that we possibly can.

He will go because he thinks we are hindering his progress and prob blames the management and players around him for his lack of chances in the England side

truth is he's a bang average midfielder over hyped by the likes of Harry Redknapp because of his nationality

The lads no better than Delph or Lallana

Both playing for champions league clubs.

End of the day, he's still one of the best English midfielders in the league. Clubs need a homegrown quota, so why not have the best English players playing for them?

The development system in this country is woeful, so the fact Ross for the 2nd season in a row in there with the best in the league with players who were developed in Holland, Belgium, Germany, tells me there's a player there.

But no, we want him pulling a mediocre team to the top 4 and carrying us into cup finals.

The quality isn't the issue as such, it's the balance - a hangover from the horror show of Martinez. We need improvements, but not a complete overhaul.

Koeman has had one season that includes a complete abortion of a summer transfer window and a half-arsed late signings January window to address that. He's already done decent stuff; both in the transfer market and dramatically improving our fitness levels.

We do have quality. We just need to use it effectively. Gana, Schneiderlin and Barkley are the perfect midfield three in my eyes - not many better than that in the league. Baines and Coleman still offer quite a bit. Williams, Jagielka, Barry etc. still offer something despite their age - you need the old heads around in any squad, and they're not the worst we could have.

A goalkeeper, centre-half, inside forward, playmaker and one (ideally two) striker(s) are needed urgently - five or six first team quality players. Beyond that, it's about bringing the odd two or three others in to boost the squad depth for Europe and make sure we can play the right way, and getting rid of the guff like Kone.

Don't want to tempt fate because I want it to be a great transfer window.

But I think there's a mountain to claim to get into the top 4 IMO made worse by 2 key players going.

Don't want to tempt fate because I want it to be a great transfer window.

But I think there's a mountain to claim to get into the top 4 IMO made worse by 2 key players going.

I might be a million miles out, but it isnt difficult to paint a scenario where 3, maybe 4, of the current top 6 go all wonkey next season.

Spurs. Home games at Wembley, plus CL.

Arsenal. Wenger stays. Sap sucked out of them

RS. Average, imo, squad. CL.

Then look at Jose maybe blowing a fuse at OT.

Pep will get to grips with the PL. Conte already has.

Golden opportunity imo.

So just watch a Leicester shaped truck muck all that theory up!

I might be a million miles out, but it isnt difficult to paint a scenario where 3, maybe 4, of the current top 6 go all wonkey next season.

Spurs. Home games at Wembley, plus CL.

Arsenal. Wenger stays. Sap sucked out of them

RS. Average, imo, squad. CL.

Then look at Jose maybe blowing a fuse at OT.

Pep will get to grips with the PL. Conte already has.

Golden opportunity imo.

So just watch a Leicester shaped truck muck all that theory up!

We've got a lot of deadwood. 2 key players going. Europa League football that starts early doors.

I can only see the other side's strengthening. What happened with Leicester were over inflated inconsistent clubs flapping. That's been fixed as all the top clubs bar arsenal got new managers in.

There's gonna be a bedding in period if we're looking at 6+ players to come in.

Honestly dropping out the Europa will probably needed

We've got a lot of deadwood. 2 key players going. Europa League football that starts early doors.

I can only see the other side's strengthening. What happened with Leicester were over inflated inconsistent clubs flapping. That's been fixed as all the top clubs bar arsenal got new managers in.

Aye, that is also a distinct possibility.

Surely it's one or the other? Selling both of these players in one window wouldn't look good as far as Moshiri's concerned, to put it mildly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back