Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will go because he thinks we are hindering his progress and prob blames the management and players around him for his lack of chances in the England side

truth is he's a bang average midfielder over hyped by the likes of Harry Redknapp because of his nationality

The lads no better than Delph or Lallana

He will go because he thinks we are hindering his progress and prob blames the management and players around him for his lack of chances in the England side

truth is he's a bang average midfielder over hyped by the likes of Harry Redknapp because of his nationality

The lads no better than Delph or Lallana

Nonsense. He's quality. Devastating news if he's leaving.

Nonsense. He's quality. Devastating news if he's leaving.

That's how I felt about the whole situation for a good while but to be honest I don't even care anymore. Got absolutely no time or goodwill for him if he thinks he's better off elsewhere. It's shameful from him and a slap in the face to everyone at the club. Hope his career nosedives just like every other player who thinks they are too good for us. Frankly I'm extremely disappointed he's not even had the balls to actually say he wants out.

..I think it's safe to assume he wants out. I also wonder what price tag will be on him and think much depends on who wants him. You would have to hope it's more than one club, otherwise our bargaining position is poor. If he is in demand, I reckon we'd ask for £35m-£40m and settle for £30m-£35m.

I genuinely wish him well if he moves on, players come and go in football but life goes on.
Why's it safe to assume mate. I'm away in Cornwall for a few weeks with very limited access to wifi. Havent got time to catch up on all the gen. Has something happened?

Not really relevant solely to this thread, but our fanbase grossly overrates much of our squad. I still can't get my head around those shouts from the middle of last year where people kept saying it was our best team since the mid 80s. We are improving but we are still a bang average side in a bang average position in a bang average, defensive, premier league.

Not really relevant solely to this thread, but our fanbase grossly overrates much of our squad. I still can't get my head around those shouts from the middle of last year where people kept saying it was our best team since the mid 80s. We are improving but we are still a bang average side in a bang average position in a bang average, defensive, premier league.

The quality isn't the issue as such, it's the balance - a hangover from the horror show of Martinez. We need improvements, but not a complete overhaul.

Koeman has had one season that includes a complete abortion of a summer transfer window and a half-arsed late signings January window to address that. He's already done decent stuff; both in the transfer market and dramatically improving our fitness levels.

We do have quality. We just need to use it effectively. Gana, Schneiderlin and Barkley are the perfect midfield three in my eyes - not many better than that in the league. Baines and Coleman still offer quite a bit. Williams, Jagielka, Barry etc. still offer something despite their age - you need the old heads around in any squad, and they're not the worst we could have.

A goalkeeper, centre-half, inside forward, playmaker and one (ideally two) striker(s) are needed urgently - five or six first team quality players. Beyond that, it's about bringing the odd two or three others in to boost the squad depth for Europe and make sure we can play the right way, and getting rid of the guff like Kone.

The quality isn't the issue as such, it's the balance - a hangover from the horror show of Martinez. We need improvements, but not a complete overhaul.

Koeman has had one season that includes a complete abortion of a summer transfer window and a half-arsed late signings January window to address that. He's already done decent stuff; both in the transfer market and dramatically improving our fitness levels.

We do have quality. We just need to use it effectively. Gana, Schneiderlin and Barkley are the perfect midfield three in my eyes - not many better than that in the league. Baines and Coleman still offer quite a bit. Williams, Jagielka, Barry etc. still offer something despite their age - you need the old heads around in any squad, and they're not the worst we could have.

A goalkeeper, centre-half, inside forward, playmaker and one (ideally two) striker(s) are needed urgently - five or six first team quality players. Beyond that, it's about bringing the odd two or three others in to boost the squad depth for Europe and make sure we can play the right way, and getting rid of the guff like Kone.

Yes but 2 of our best players are leaving, one whose goals are irreplaceable. And 5 or 6 quality players would mean we need by far the best transfer window in the history of the club. We are a fair way off still sadly imo.

And I'm very frustrated with Barkley.

..nothing has happened, Fred, which is why I assume he wants to leave.
So no news is bad news. Going by some of the comments on this thread I wouldnt blame the lad if he left. I know you have your doubts Eggs but I believe there's a real player in there. I'd be gutted if he proved me right elsewhere.

So no news is bad news. Going by some of the comments on this thread I wouldnt blame the lad if he left. I know you have your doubts Eggs but I believe there's a real player in there. I'd be gutted if he proved me right elsewhere.

..I don't want him to go, we need good players and he's certainly one of those. I might be wrong but the longer he refuses to sign a contract suggests he wants away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back