Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just know if he joins another club like Arsenal or Spurs he'll smash it and suddenly be like a new player, not so much because i have absolute faith in his ability, more because it'd just be so Everton.

Seeing him smash it for another club would be absolutely gutting.

You just know if he joins another club like Arsenal or Spurs he'll smash it and suddenly be like a new player, not so much because i have absolute faith in his ability, more because it'd just be so Everton.

I always think that about most players that leave us but can't think of that many that have actually done it

Highly doubt it. The kid just ain't got it in his locker.

If/when he does go, I cant help but think he will be another one who looks back on the decision as the point where his career really starts to fall off the rails. Not convinced he can move away and smash it somewhere else I can just see this being Rodwell MkII!

...I wouldn't be gutted, it's a fact of the modern game that players want to move on. If that's the case with Barkley then so be it. The challenge is replacing him with the aim of improving the team. We can't do anything about Barkley's performances for another team if he wants to leave.

Just means we'll have to spend £30mill on someone who'll be the same or marginally better rather than building.

I love the lad. But I'm more concerned about the rebuild job we have to do everytime we have someone good leave.

Big rebuild ahead if true, perhaps Barkley would be stronger mentally with better players around him.

He just doesn't appear able or willing to take on a leadership role here, and whether he likes it or not, that has become the expectation.

I doubt very much that the things currently missing from his game can be magically coached into him elsewhere. He has experienced both extremes in management under Martinez and Koeman.

Shop in Europe and we can still do big damage spending £30 on one player.

If we get let down by one of our own what chance have we got going forward. Real shame he's made such an immature, foolish decision. But if he thinks he's better off then get rid. But I wish him nothing but failure going forward. Childish I know, but it's a slap in the face to the club who brought him through 2 serious injuries and got him international caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back