Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I like baines ... said he's always been a good footballer .. never said he's been one of our best players this season.. didn't koeman actually say the other day that baines is one of his favourite players)

So I know nothing about football? Why is that? Becuase I do t rate ross Barkley?

He's been dropped by every manager he's ever had barring Martinez.. I like baines and don't rate Barkley... it's not hard to understand is it? Just a different opinion ...
So just the tactical dinosaur and a manager who's actually improved his game in every aspect?

Mate we offered Darron Gibson a new contract in order to get a fee didn't we?

So you don't believe that if koeman didn't rate Barkley ... that the club would just let him run his contract down? Really? Not even bill is stupid not to realise that even if we want to sell Barkley ... the longer he has on his contract ... the higher fee we will receive

Utter mystery why we offered Gibson a new deal without a manager. And what was the fee we got? £2mill? Maybe? Nothing.

And yes, if he didn't rate him he wouldn't be offered a huge contract. It's not a few bob apparently, it's 100k a week. Why offer that to someone you don't rate and don't want to keep?

Bill would see Ross as an easy sign. Boyhood blue, decent wage, you'd hope you wouldn't have to persuade him.

But no, rumours are he's been offered lots as did Lukaku as we want to keep our BEST players as they need to be persuaded to stay.

And in the papers today, Barkley if eying to be paid less to join Spurs that the contract being offered to him here.

Utter mystery why we offered Gibson a new deal without a manager. And what was the fee we got? £2mill? Maybe? Nothing.

And yes, if he didn't rate him he wouldn't be offered a huge contract. It's not a few bob apparently, it's 100k a week. Why offer that to someone you don't rate and don't want to keep?

Bill would see Ross as an easy sign. Boyhood blue, decent wage, you'd hope you wouldn't have to persuade him.

But no, rumours are he's been offered lots as did Lukaku as we want to keep our BEST players as they need to be persuaded to stay.

And in the papers today, Barkley if eying to be paid less to join Spurs that the contract being offered to him here.

Gibson + Oviedo - £7.5m.

He shown against Chelsea he can't play that position.
As have most other CMs in the league this year, given that Chelsea have bummed almost everyone?

Utterly absurd to write off a player's future entirely on the basis of one game - especially one where several of his first choice team mates were out injured, and the opponents were the best team in the league.

As have most other CMs in the league this year, given that Chelsea have bummed almost everyone?

Utterly absurd to write off a player's future entirely on the basis of one game - especially one where several of his first choice team mates were out injured, and the opponents were the best team in the league.

He doesn't have the positioning, drive or the stamina to play as a CM. He switches off too much.

I have no problem with anybody not rating him we have a differing opinion that's life.

However let's at least judge him in the same context as his team mates Gueye has been very poor bar the odd game ever since he got back from the afcon &
Has on a number of occasions been subbed at half time, baines has had a very poor season yet there isn't a bad word said against them but every time we lose People like you rip barkley to shreds.

Apparently the Chelsea game was his fault nothing to do with Williams,
Jags & that supposed goalie.

Compare him with his team mates? For the past year or so I have been told on countless times how his stats are better than scholes, lampard and gerrard...

I don't rate jags anymore as he is clearly finished... but age has caught up with him and he needs to be replaced that happens to everyone , same could be said for baines and Williams... but... these are still part of the 5th best defence in the league and jags is only one goal behind him ...

He doesn't have the positioning, drive or the stamina to play as a CM. He switches off too much.
I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that assessment, even though he could, and has, done a decent job as a CM against some lesser teams.

I was disagreeing with the idea that such conclusions could be reached on the basis of watching him play one game in that position, in an under-strength side, against Chelsea.

Improved his game in every aspect? How many goals he scored this season compared to last? Has his goal tally improved?

Koeman dropped him as did Moyes and 3 England managers...
He dropped him for a loss of form, and when he was reintroduced into the team, he was in the form of his career up until very recently. And you can throw his goal tally last season all you want, but only a blind man would say Ross hasn't been playing much better this season.

I don't even have to be english to know what a joke the clowns the English national team appoints are.

It's nice to see his detractors co-opting the "so and so dropped him" reasoning from the Deulofeu threads though...

He dropped him for a loss of form, and when he was reintroduced into the team, he was in the form of his career up until very recently. And you can throw his goal tally last season all you want, but only a blind man would say Ross hasn't been playing much better this season.

I don't even have to be english to know what a joke the clowns the English national team appoints are.

It's nice to see his detractors co-opting the "so and so dropped him" reasoning from the Deulofeu threads though...

You said that koeman had improved "every aspect of his game" I just pointed out that this statement is incorrect ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back