Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said this before ...I dont think Koeman is convinced about Ross.
I do think he has gave him every opportunity to prove himself , but looks like he's made his mind up now.
DCL starting in a game against the 3rd bottom team in the league while he sits on the bench doesnt bode well for him.
Once Koeman brings in his own attacking midfield players Ross will struggle to get any game time at all.
Sad to see really because we've all wanted Ross to fulfill his potential here.

There's apparently a 100k a week contract on the table. Why would Koeman not be convinced if that's being offered?

Remind me now how many shots have we had, how many chances created, how many saves has their goalkeeper made, well lads that's us without Barkley. Don't forget we are playing against one of the worst defences in the league.

About the same as the last two matches mate... and he played in them !

Hmm maybe the contract issues have affected him as we know he not mentally strong.

Ahh yes .. finally a new excuse to use in barkleys defence..

We've used

Moyes
Bobby
Fat sam
Woy
The fans
Being played out of position
Koeman
Lack of Movement from histeam mates
People slagging him off on GOT

Now it's the unsigned contracts fault...

Neither are some of the fans, this is down to his inconsistent, everyone was gutted when Rooney left and the same will happen when lukkau goes.
Tbf, I reckon we could get players in who could do the job Barkley does.

Something is missing with him. He has everything, yet still doesn't deliver. He could and should have been our Gerrard. He doesn't offer a fraction of what Gerrard did for them.

So how does the first half sit with the Ross detracters. Are people going to wake up to the real issues in the team I.e defenders who can't pass & Koeman persisting with a 3 man centre midfield devoid on any creativity whatsoever.

Davies is clearly a box to box central midfielder he either plays in a 2 or in a 3 as one of the 2 deep midfielders.

The half time subs today should have included jags or Williams off holgate to the middle & kenny on. That gives 3 defenders who can play forward passes.

Teams have worked us out we are so easy to play against as we have very very few players who have the ability to play consistent forward passes.

Barkley is one of those players mate..

You are kidding, I hope. The reason that he has hardly figured for Spurs is that he is pants.
To not fair to Sissoko he hasn't had the opportunity to play central midfield which is were Koeman wanted him for. Every time Sissoko plays for Spurs he is used out wide, a waste.

It's been strange watching this all unfold.

To me, it feels like a game of brinkmanship initiated by Ross and his agent to get a better deal. At the outset, I don't think he ever had any thoughts of leaving.

But as time has gone on, it's brought out some hard truths in a public arena and I think that's pushed Ross closer to the door.

I've gone from being convinced he'll stay to suspecting he'll leave - and it feels like the game of hardball that's changed things.

Tbf, I reckon we could get players in who could do the job Barkley does.

Something is missing with him. He has everything, yet still doesn't deliver. He could and should have been our Gerrard. He doesn't offer a fraction of what Gerrard did for them.

Probably will buy both Sigurdsson and Klaassen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back