Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say he's the problem. The real problem (besides defence and keepers) is that the likes of DCL, Mirallas and Valencia are starting too many games. He doesn't really do a massive amount to mitigate those issues though, despite being infinitely more talented than them. Their threads remain pretty quiet after games like today because everyone knows they're not all that talented. When they predictably let us down, we have to look to Barkley.
So in essence those around him are subduing him?

I feel like the contract situation has only become a form of confirmation bias for his boo boys. And he really had an okay game, and that's it.

Nothing to do with boo boys. Any local born Evertonian in our squad who then thinks he's too good for us and asks to move, is an utter embarrassment imo.

I know I'm jumping to conclusions, but if that's the situation we've got here then I want him out. As I would with any player in this circumstance.

I'm just sick of modern football. Anyone who doesn't want to play here/thinks they are too good for Everton, then get them out.

Nothing to do with boo boys. Any local born Evertonian in our squad who then thinks he's too good for us and asks to move, is an utter embarrassment imo.

I know I'm jumping to conclusions, but if that's the situation we've got here then I want him out. As I would with any player in this circumstance.

I'm just sick of modern football. Anyone who doesn't want to play here/thinks they are too good for Everton, then get them out.

You're acknowledging that you're jumping to conclusions, yet in this post you've just called him an utter embarrassment for something you have no idea if he's done or not.

You're acknowledging that you're jumping to conclusions, yet in this post you've just called him an utter embarrassment for something you have no idea if he's done or not.

That's what I'll think of him if he refuses to sign. He's letting us down as it is by dragging it on. If he wants out then it's a really huge shame but it's his loss not ours. He wont have it better elsewhere.

So how does the first half sit with the Ross detracters. Are people going to wake up to the real issues in the team I.e defenders who can't pass & Koeman persisting with a 3 man centre midfield devoid on any creativity whatsoever.

Davies is clearly a box to box central midfielder he either plays in a 2 or in a 3 as one of the 2 deep midfielders.

The half time subs today should have included jags or Williams off holgate to the middle & kenny on. That gives 3 defenders who can play forward passes.

Teams have worked us out we are so easy to play against as we have very very few players who have the ability to play consistent forward passes.

That's what I'll think of him if he refuses to sign. He's letting us down as it is by dragging it on. If he wants out then it's a really huge shame but it's his loss not ours. He wont have it better elsewhere.
Seems you've already made your mind up tbf. I want him to stay more than anything, but he might honestly have it better with a different set of fans who don't crucify him for every bad or god forbid mediocre game he has. It's not like a certain group of you have shown him much loyalty in that regard, so to expect the same from him is a bit rich.

Sorry mate but the people who link Barkley to the likes of De Bruyne or Silva must be mad. I can't remember the last time Ross took a game by the scruff of the neck. He's not a big game player, more likely to hide or make [Poor language removed] house challenges. Slipped so far behind Dele Alli as well in the England team. To compare him to big game players is just wrong. He's a bang average midfielder who's massively over rated by us and our fans.

I don't compare him, I said he gets linked to those players as someone he should be and they're his benchmark. But the problem is that they have the quality to finish what they create and are surrounded by quality.

Couldn't care less about the England team. Ali has done zip in an England shirt mainly due to the fact that there's a notion he's this all round midfield player. When in fact he's a quality support striker as he doesn't have the passing range.

And he's not massively overrated by us. In fact it's the opposite as the majority want him replaced.

So how does the first half sit with the Ross detracters. Are people going to wake up to the real issues in the team I.e defenders who can't pass & Koeman persisting with a 3 man centre midfield devoid on any creativity whatsoever.

Davies is clearly a box to box central midfielder he either plays in a 2 or in a 3 as one of the 2 deep midfielders.

The half time subs today should have included jags or Williams off holgate to the middle & kenny on. That gives 3 defenders who can play forward passes.

Teams have worked us out we are so easy to play against as we have very very few players who have the ability to play consistent forward passes.

Ross certainly doesn't play consistent forward passes either.

We need more quality creatively. First half didn't show anything to me at all.

Sorry mate but the people who link Barkley to the likes of De Bruyne or Silva must be mad. I can't remember the last time Ross took a game by the scruff of the neck. He's not a big game player, more likely to hide or make [Poor language removed] house challenges. Slipped so far behind Dele Alli as well in the England team. To compare him to big game players is just wrong. He's a bang average midfielder who's massively over rated by us and our fans.
One thing he has never ever done is hide no matter how bad he plays.

Stones fained sickness at anfield as we were getting pummelled & he was playing terrible but it didn't even make a headline.

Do yourself a favour mate and have a word with yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back