Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from whipping in two great freekicks, released Lukaku, played Kenny through, made us keep the ball better.

Also put in his usual poor underhit corners and made an absolutely mental decision to try and beat a defender for pace right next to the touchline when we might have actually had something on.

Maybe "nothing" was harsh but against a terrible team like that he should be better.

Also put in his usual poor underhit corners and made an absolutely mental decision to try and beat a defender for pace right next to the touchline when we might have actually had something on.

Maybe "nothing" was harsh but against a terrible team like that he should be better.

Forgot he should be saving the day in 45 mins when the rest of the team have had 90 to do something

Looked like he turned his season round at the start of the year, last 4 games he's been woeful.

God knows what's going on behind the scenes, my belief is that Koeman doesn't rate him due to his inconsistency

Looked like he turned his season round at the start of the year, last 4 games he's been woeful.

God knows what's going on behind the scenes, my belief is that Koeman doesn't rate him due to his inconsistency

Yep it's hard to build a team around an attacking player who is inconsistent, and can't be relied on to deliver every week. World class players have bad games but still offer something. When Barkley bad, he is embarrassing bad.

No player at Everton is consistent they all blow hot & cold except DCL. He has been consistently cold

Forgot he should be saving the day in 45 mins when the rest of the team have had 90 to do something
I agree but let's just ask the simple question, is Ross our creativity guy or not? If he is I would make the argument that for all his talent he does not influence games enough. Maybe we need more around him but for the sake of who? What is going to make Ross become the player we need him to be? He's good but that role he has in the team requires you to be good and yes it comes with a lot of expectations. I want him here I know he has the talent but for me he is not influencing anywhere near enough games. I also don't see Spurs buying him, not yet any way.

Yep it's hard to build a team around an attacking player who is inconsistent, and can't be relied on to deliver every week. World class players have bad games but still offer something. When Barkley bad, he is embarrassing bad.

He seemed to have found the perfect position, he was dominant. Then all of a sudden he's a massive nosedive and gets dropped

No player at Everton is consistent they all blow hot & cold except DCL. He has been consistently cold

But Barkley went from one extreme to the other over night. He looked like a new man when he shifted him around, then all of a sudden the basic passes are going astray and he looked to go into his shell again and second guess everything.

But seeing DCL start when you get benched is going to hurt bad, real bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back