Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. That pattern has repeated itself continuously over his entire 7 year, 160+ top-level appearance career.

Yes but that why I said he not mentally strong so contract stalls can affect him easily, just like when he makes a mistake, he crumbles and just goes to bits, the same when fans get on his back. He gone back into his shell again.

Yes but that why I said he not mentally strong so contract stalls can affect him easily, just like when he makes a mistake, he crumbles and just goes to bits, the same when fans get on his back. He gone back into his shell again.
Well in that case is he ever going to be able to deal with it all?

Entirely replaceable and could care less if he went for a decent fee. If he wasn't a local lad nobody would give a toss about him. Incredibly gifted footballer who lacks the determination, guile and intelligence to make the step up. Like Deulofeo in many ways.

I agree but let's just ask the simple question, is Ross our creativity guy or not? If he is I would make the argument that for all his talent he does not influence games enough. Maybe we need more around him but for the sake of who? What is going to make Ross become the player we need him to be? He's good but that role he has in the team requires you to be good and yes it comes with a lot of expectations. I want him here I know he has the talent but for me he is not influencing anywhere near enough games. I also don't see Spurs buying him, not yet any way.

Yes he is as if you stripped the season down, him and Lukaku and Gana (to an extent) have carried the side.

For the things he can do wrong, he also gets it right. He had a shocker against Chelsea yet put our strikers through in the first 10mins and we hit the post, we also were solid for 60mins. Same today, he still did more in terms of applying pressure and building attacks in 45 mins that the whole team in the 1st half.

He gets rated against De Bruyne, Silva etc yet the difference in a lot of games is for any poor game they have, they'll tee up a goal put away by class. We have Valencia, Lewin, Mirallas.

I don't question that he has faults but for the most part a large chunk of the fanbase want him gone and replaced like he's the problem, when he's not.

As for the Spurs link, it makes perfect sense. They only have Eriksen as a creative outlet, they need more squad depth. Ross will be cheap for a player of his talent, he's proven in the prem and consistent (2 season, back to back 8/9 assists). So why not.

I still want him to stay. While he didn't do anything spectacular today he clearly made a difference today as we started to link up midfield and attack a bit more. Unfortunately everyone was rubbish.

I also think he should stay for his own sake as I don't see him getting into any of the teams above us. Arsenal maybe if they flog Ozil. None of the others though. And that will cripple his development. If we improve the quality around him then I think this is the best place for him to improve.

Yes he is as if you stripped the season down, him and Lukaku and Gana (to an extent) have carried the side.

For the things he can do wrong, he also gets it right. He had a shocker against Chelsea yet put our strikers through in the first 10mins and we hit the post, we also were solid for 60mins. Same today, he still did more in terms of applying pressure and building attacks in 45 mins that the whole team in the 1st half.

He gets rated against De Bruyne, Silva etc yet the difference in a lot of games is for any poor game they have, they'll tee up a goal put away by class. We have Valencia, Lewin, Mirallas.

I don't question that he has faults but for the most part a large chunk of the fanbase want him gone and replaced like he's the problem, when he's not.

As for the Spurs link, it makes perfect sense. They only have Eriksen as a creative outlet, they need more squad depth. Ross will be cheap for a player of his talent, he's proven in the prem and consistent (2 season, back to back 8/9 assists). So why not.

Sorry mate but the people who link Barkley to the likes of De Bruyne or Silva must be mad. I can't remember the last time Ross took a game by the scruff of the neck. He's not a big game player, more likely to hide or make [Poor language removed] house challenges. Slipped so far behind Dele Alli as well in the England team. To compare him to big game players is just wrong. He's a bang average midfielder who's massively over rated by us and our fans.

I feel like the contract situation has only become a form of confirmation bias for his boo boys. And he really had an okay game, and that's it.

I wouldn't say he's the problem. The real problem (besides defence and keepers) is that the likes of DCL, Mirallas and Valencia are starting too many games. He doesn't really do a massive amount to mitigate those issues though, despite being infinitely more talented than them. Their threads remain pretty quiet after games like today because everyone knows they're not all that talented. When they predictably let us down, we have to look to Barkley.

Thought he would have signed after the Burnley game. He should stop hiding and make a decision. I'm not really arsed either way.

Make your mind up Ross. Stop hiding and make a decision.

If he don't sign by the end of June sell him and get in players that want to be here. I hope he does sign but it he won't then we need to move on and plan for life without him.

If he wants to move to a UCL playing club I hope he pads his arse as he will spend most of it on the bench due to his inconsistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back