Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be lucky to get 20m for the lad now

..I think it's safe to assume he wants out. I also wonder what price tag will be on him and think much depends on who wants him. You would have to hope it's more than one club, otherwise our bargaining position is poor. If he is in demand, I reckon we'd ask for £35m-£40m and settle for £30m-£35m.

I genuinely wish him well if he moves on, players come and go in football but life goes on.

If he wasn't a blue and a local lad he would have been sold a while back. I Genuinely want him to stay but, if he goes and we replace him with somebody who can do it week in week out plus we get the right price im happy.

It's a shame that as soon as the whole team is playing terribly, everyone jumps on Ross.

When we were on our best run of form for the season (Christmas to April) he was playing very, very well.

Make no mistake that if he leaves we'll regret it big time. The lad needs the right players around him and if anything Lukaku has been more responsible for our poor form in the past few games.

His overall game has improved a huge amount this season and during that few months of top form Koeman wouldn't stop praising him.

Who knows? Maybe his head has been turned but this whole idea that the likes of Gylfi are better than him is completely wide of the mark, and we'd really stuggle to replace Ross.

Players who love the club like him are few and far between - why are we pushing him out?

Options on Ross never cease to amaze me. He's inconsistent? yeah, it must be him. I can't possibly be DCL, Mirallas, Barry, or anyone else. Clearly it's Ross.

It's not a coincidence that Ross is better when Morgan and Gana are behind him. It not a coincidence that Ross is better when Coleman is in there running down the right. Ross is also better when Rom is better, too. Shocking I know.

The problem is that Ross is inconsistent. He's no more inconsistent than any other good attacking player. It's that the players around him aren't that good.

The problem is that Ross is inconsistent. He's no more inconsistent than any other good attacking player. It's that the players around him aren't that good.
Add in the fact he is one of our very few creative players where as the sides above us have far more to call on so somebody takes up the slack when one of them has an off day. We don't have that luxury. It is Ross or nothing for large parts this season.

You know nothing about football you think baines has been one of our better players this season yet give barkely constant criticism

I said I like baines ... said he's always been a good footballer .. never said he's been one of our best players this season.. didn't koeman actually say the other day that baines is one of his favourite players)

So I know nothing about football? Why is that? Becuase I do t rate ross Barkley?

He's been dropped by every manager he's ever had barring Martinez.. I like baines and don't rate Barkley... it's not hard to understand is it? Just a different opinion ...

Seems to be under so much pressure to perform. If there were better players around him to take some of the strain , then maybe he would become more consistent?
Lukaku's lack of movement doesn't help either. With a more mobile striker creating more options I think Ross would improve....but hey who am I?

He would be a much better player with better players around him . If we brought in a top number 10 we would still suffer. We need better midfielders and wide men to help a number 10 or barkley. Mirallas dcl barry valentia are niwhere near top level. Spurs want barkley for a reason and yet Some on here think he is not good enough for us. Barkley needs support of top players and will get it if he moves to a better team. All will be moaning then why he didnt do it for us. The answer is in the first line.

Okay mate.

Mate we offered Darron Gibson a new contract in order to get a fee didn't we?

So you don't believe that if koeman didn't rate Barkley ... that the club would just let him run his contract down? Really? Not even bill is stupid not to realise that even if we want to sell Barkley ... the longer he has on his contract ... the higher fee we will receive

I said I like baines ... said he's always been a good footballer .. never said he's been one of our best players this season.. didn't koeman actually say the other day that baines is one of his favourite players)

So I know nothing about football? Why is that? Becuase I do t rate ross Barkley?

He's been dropped by every manager he's ever had barring Martinez.. I like baines and don't rate Barkley... it's not hard to understand is it? Just a different opinion ...
I have no problem with anybody not rating him we have a differing opinion that's life.

However let's at least judge him in the same context as his team mates Gueye has been very poor bar the odd game ever since he got back from the afcon &
Has on a number of occasions been subbed at half time, baines has had a very poor season yet there isn't a bad word said against them but every time we lose People like you rip barkley to shreds.

Apparently the Chelsea game was his fault nothing to do with Williams,
Jags & that supposed goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back