Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off isn't he. A shame but his mentality is the problem his natural talent is undeniable but too many big games pass him by.Would love to see him stay and we bring in more creativity.But I think he's off to Spurs.

Surely it's one or the other? Selling both of these players in one window wouldn't look good as far as Moshiri's concerned, to put it mildly.
Don't see what choice moshiri would have if he doesn't sign a new contract, and we know what happens when keeping players when they don't want to be here, see lescott

Will be down if he's off in the Summer, but in terms of how it will effect us who knows.

But then I think, the u23s just won the league. Are we really going to be that short of upcoming talent? In a year when two/three others in Holgate, Davies and DLC establish themselves? With more to come also.

Don't see what choice moshiri would have if he doesn't sign a new contract, and we know what happens when keeping players when they don't want to be here, see lescott

Well if both are sold within a year of him taking over then he has a lot of making up to do. That certainly wasn't what we were told to expect. He's gonna have to have a blinder in the market to compensate for it. I'm fully expecting disappointment.

The 4 lads we believed we could build a team around will be gone.

Mosh isn't really convincing us that big stuff is happening here sorry

fgs, I like Esk and don't believe he's making anything up but... until the fat lady sings and all that...

To be honest, lad hasnt signed a contract with 2 weeks to go in the season, dont need to be Sherlock Holmes at this late stage to work out he is more then likely off

If does leave I won't be half as devastated as I will be about losing Lukaku.

Yes Ross is a local lad and yes we all so badly want him to succeed but when do you admit that the dream is never going to come true? He's never going to be our marvel player, our equivalent of Gerrard who wins us big games and trophies nearly single-handed. He's just not good enough to be that level of player. Doesn't mean he's crap or there's no use for him, certainly not, but it makes the idea of losing him a lot easier to stomach.

If he goes then I'll wish him luck providing he doesn't kick and scream on the way out. He's a local lad who's done very well for himself and could still go on to do a lot better. I'm just ready to accept the fact that it probably won't be with us.

If does leave I won't be half as devastated as I will be about losing Lukaku.

Yes Ross is a local lad and yes we all so badly want him to succeed but when do you admit that the dream is never going to come true? He's never going to be our marvel player, our equivalent of Gerrard who wins us big games and trophies nearly single-handed. He's just not good enough to be that level of player. Doesn't mean he's crap or there's no use for him, certainly not, but it makes the idea of losing him a lot easier to stomach.

If he goes then I'll wish him luck providing he doesn't kick and scream on the way out. He's a local lad who's done very well for himself and could still go on to do a lot better. I'm just ready to accept the fact that it probably won't be with us.

Dreams already come true. Local lad that has come through the youth team and done very well.

Anything else is just fans flipping out at him not being as amazing as people thought he might be. Doesn't take away from the above for me.

Ross in, Ron out

I will reserve judgement until it actually happens but I had the feeling he was a little unsettled when Stones went to City. I can't remember his precise comments at the time. Would not surprise me if he finished up there. All slightly odd imo....maybe his nose has been put out of joint by a less generous contract than he was expecting? Once that happens agents have it easy to suggest a move. I will be pretty gutted if he does go. Really good player, excellent on his day, no Alan Ball but we need more of his quality not less. Not irreplaceable either though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back