Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many clubs better than Everton would want Barkley? i don't think many to be honest, I don't buy the spurs rumour he wouldn't get into their side.
Not too many I'd say. If he did go to a team currently above us in the league, he wouldn't be an automatic starter I would've thought. Whats gutting me is that he's a big blue. I just never envisaged he would want to leave. I know I know, Rooney, Jeffers etc. Thought it was different with Ross. Will I ever learn!!

While he is a decent player he isn't good enough for all this dithering to be justified. I can understand Lukaku doing it, being the leading goal scorer and all that, and even he has been open about what he wants.
Same with Keane, he has said what he wants to do and us being linked all over.
But with Barkley I can't see there being as much interest as he thinks there will be and we can easily replace him, he needs to understand this.
If I was Koeman I would put an end to this and say we haven't agreed a deal so soon as the window is open we are open to offers, unless behind team scenes he has, even Stones wasn't this much of a farce.

Any player that doesn't want to play for Everton can gladly leave. There's another somewhere else who would run through walls to pull on the blue shirt. If Ross thinks the grass is greener then Rosco can ride his fragile confidence form rollercoaster up and down in front of a less forgiving set of fans.

I mean isn't this ultimately the core of the issue, there's too many players at Everton who aren't 100% committed to Everton. There's probably players who are but see others in the squad who aren't that are playing every week. How do you expect to win anything without this commitment?

We sold Rooney and were favourites for relegation but then brought in probably the best Everton player of the 21st century and came 4th. Everton.

the one thing i want to know is if there is a contract on the table so to speak and he has been made aware of it then why has he not signed? We have seen enough players recently sign the contract without any fanfare like Coleman so if Ross really is stalling on the new contract then why is that the case?

More to the point, do we want any player at the club who isn't fully committed? That does apply to a certain someone else as well.

I find it absolutely bizarre that Ross would think about leaving now. Top level staff acquisitions, a breathtaking site for new stadium with one of the worlds finest architects working on the plans, billionaire backing, increasingly probable murmurs of multi-multi billionaire backing, ambitious transfer bids.

There is something major about to happen and we all know it. If Ross wants to leave he will regret it massively, not the other way around. The underdog pauper moniker is dead.

This is not the time to leave Everton.

It's a ruddy outrage if he leaves.
He's a scouser, a footballer who has really got his act together this year and put in some exceptional performances.
Why didn't we nail him down 12 months ago?
Saying that, maybe we tried to and he said he wanted to see how the season went.

Let's be honest though, if he does leave it's completely understandable. The grief he gets both from some fans and the manager.
He can frustrate, of course he can. I just think for all involved, if he leaves, it will be a sad day for the club.

If he left it would sting and would file under Rooney and Pienaar.

Dont think he would have much of a career to be honest and would end u falling foul of the bright lights of London.

It's a ruddy outrage if he leaves.
He's a scouser, a footballer who has really got his act together this year and put in some exceptional performances.
Why didn't we nail him down 12 months ago?
Saying that, maybe we tried to and he said he wanted to see how the season went.

Let's be honest though, if he does leave it's completely understandable. The grief he gets both from some fans and the manager.
He can frustrate, of course he can. I just think for all involved, if he leaves, it will be a sad day for the club.

Getting grief from fans and management is bound to happen anyway. No matter where you go it's a results business. At the top levels the margin for error and low work rate are very slim.

Look how many sides Juan Mata has been booted out of even though his skill is clear to see. Passengers just can not be permitted in the top sides. If Ross thinks he can go to a better side and waddle around as centre halfs jog past him he'll have another thing coming.

These players who are not signing contracts etc do they know something we don't, I thought with mosheri here they would lad thin this club is going places.

Or is the wool being pulled over our eyes again

Evertonians are class.

Barkley - if he leaves he'll never be good enough for any club better than Everton, will never make it at the London clubs

Lukaku - No Champions League club will want him, his hold up play isn't good enough and er, he isn't loyal

Yet they're our two best players. We lose them both this summer and it'll take years to replace them.

Nutshell.

Evertonians are class.

Barkley - if he leaves he'll never be good enough for any club better than Everton, will never make it at the London clubs

Lukaku - No Champions League club will want him, his hold up play isn't good enough and er, he isn't loyal

Yet they're our two best players. We lose them both this summer and it'll take years to replace them.

But there not, Lukaku yes but Barkley no, Gana, Morgan, Tom Davies all far more important to Everton then Barkley, dont get me wrong I understand what you mean, we dont want to lose our best player or we will just be left with a team of Barrys, but we cant make them sign unless like Coleman they want to.
Barkley is giving us a problem here, no wonder a lot of fans are losing patience with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back