Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally like Barkley as a player, but his short passing is diabolical. I watch him every home game and there are times he is bloody ace and times bloody annoying. He can hit a 30-40 yard pass with ease, yet fluffs a five yard through ball, or simply does not see it - I'd expect to be rubbish in that circumstance, but I'd expect our players to be able to spot a killer through ball, when the striker has made a great run. Instead he'll take on a dribble too many, or pass backwards.

so I am a bit ambiguous about Ross, he's my Marmite player.

More of a goal-scoring Lampard type midfielder. Only we need him to be more of a No10 because no one in the midfield can create. Well I guess Scheniderlien can pass a bit but he's deployed well behind Gana in the system Koenman is using.

Should have been moved deeper long ago in my opinion but successive managers have not trusted him there whereas they have the likes of Davies and Besic so maybe there was something fundamentally off with his tactical awareness or discipline to play deeper.

QUOTE="Simon baker, post: 5441696, member: 24526"]The found lacking in big games is not something that you could level at him throughout his career he has had plenty of good games. Liverpool his first season , both City semi finals, arsenal away united away this season he was brilliant away at Chelsea last year. He was one of the only players to do himself justice away in Kiev hit the bar with a class strike out best player by a mile against Tottenham.

There is a media narrative being formed which is not based on his whole career.

If anything intiailly the majority of his best games came in big games as those teams gave him space.

Unfirtunatley for me Ross has Become almost like brexit and people simply chose to believe what they hear & read & not the whole truth or what they see in real life.[/QUOTE]
Great post mate.

Needs to score more and take games by the scruff of the neck if he wants champions league because that, with rom banging them in and much better players around will get everton, his boy-hood club, what he dreams of.

It's in his own good that we don't sell him. He's not the brightest lad and he's about to do something he'll regret hugely. No doubt being exploiting by a greedy agent too.

There's as yet no evidence to back anything up either way though Tim.

Let's just wait and see on this one.

If he goes it'll be a massive shame, but I don't think overall it would represent as big a blow playing wise as we may think.

Hopefully, he stays.

There's as yet no evidence to back anything up either way though Tim.

Let's just wait and see on this one.

If he goes it'll be a massive shame, but I don't think overall it would represent as big a blow playing wise as we may think.

Hopefully, he stays.

Erratic play-makers lead to massive variance in attacking displays from the team week to week.

For what it's worth, think he's off, his agent will 100% want a move to cash in, Barkley is likely a bit manipulatable by said agent, and don't actually think Koeman will be that bothered if he does leave long as they fee is decent

The found lacking in big games is not something that you could level at him throughout his career he has had plenty of good games. Liverpool his first season , both City semi finals, arsenal away united away this season he was brilliant away at Chelsea last year. He was one of the only players to do himself justice away in Kiev hit the bar with a class strike out best player by a mile against Tottenham.

There is a media narrative being formed which is not based on his whole career.

If anything intiailly the majority of his best games came in big games as those teams gave him space.

Unfirtunatley for me Ross has Become almost like brexit and people simply chose to believe what they hear & read & not the whole truth or what they see in real life.

Great post

We sold Rooney and were favourites for relegation but then brought in probably the best Everton player of the 21st century and came 4th. Everton.

Marcus bent?

lol Beat me to it!

I find it absolutely bizarre that Ross would think about leaving now. Top level staff acquisitions, a breathtaking site for new stadium with one of the worlds finest architects working on the plans, billionaire backing, increasingly probable murmurs of multi-multi billionaire backing, ambitious transfer bids.

There is something major about to happen and we all know it. If Ross wants to leave he will regret it massively, not the other way around. The underdog pauper moniker is dead.

This is not the time to leave Everton.

This all day long. I saw the Esks tweets about it looking like Ross is leaving and I just can't see it. It doesn't make sense, I'm convinced he'll sign new deal.

Erratic play-makers lead to massive variance in attacking displays from the team week to week.

For what it's worth, think he's off, his agent will 100% want a move to cash in, Barkley is likely a bit manipulatable by said agent, and don't actually think Koeman will be that bothered if he does leave long as they fee is decent

It's an issue exaggerated by the fact that when he has a bad game we have zero creativity coming from anywhere else on the pitch.

It's why I'd love him to stay and have another 'playmaker' alongside him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back