Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting grief from fans and management is bound to happen anyway. No matter where you go it's a results business. At the top levels the margin for error and low work rate are very slim.

Despite him working his balls off this season? It's easy for everyone to see how much he's improved.

Look how many sides Juan Mata has been booted out of even though his skill is clear to see.

1? And that one being Chelsea?

If Ross thinks he can go to a better side and waddle around as centre halfs jog past him he'll have another thing coming.

Again, and with respect, it's as if you haven't watch him at all this season?

He's done everything asked of him in terms of improvement to his work-rate.

Before the Liverpool game he had a consistent period of brilliant displays.

The 4 lads we believed we could build a team around will be gone.

Mosh isn't really convincing us that big stuff is happening here sorry

Doesn't matter if those players are replaced with ones that improve us overall.

We've been no worse off for losing Stones (as much as I like him as a player) or Deulofeu.

Re. Rom, if he does go it'll be a massive fee and we'll play in a different way. If anything, it'll be more akin to how Koeman likes his sides to play rather than just one main man up top.

Re. Barkley. He's had a great second half of the season but at times flatters to deceive. I'm not convinced he'll ever make it to the highest level as a midfielder and his best form this season has come when he's played as a wide forward. If the lad can't see sticking here is better for him, and won't sign a contract (albeit, it may still be in discussions) then we'll sell and use the funds to strengthen.

Change is good and as much as I enjoy(ed) watching all of the above players in Blue shirts, they haven't exactly brought us any major success.

Despite him working his balls off this season? It's easy for everyone to see how much he's improved.

1? And that one being Chelsea?

Again, and with respect, it's as if you haven't watch him at all this season?

He's done everything asked of him in terms of improvement to his work-rate.

Which is why it makes perfect sense for him to stay.

He's a class player is Ross but there's still 'something' missing and that is why he's found lacking in the biggest games.

That being said, he's our only creative outlet and it'd be a crying shame not to see him with other creative options around him for us.

Which is why it makes perfect sense for him to stay.

He's a class player is Ross but there's still 'something' missing and that is why he's found lacking in the biggest games.

That being said, he's our only creative outlet and it'd be a crying shame not to see him with other creative options around him for us.
The found lacking in big games is not something that you could level at him throughout his career he has had plenty of good games. Liverpool his first season , both City semi finals, arsenal away united away this season he was brilliant away at Chelsea last year. He was one of the only players to do himself justice away in Kiev hit the bar with a class strike out best player by a mile against Tottenham.

There is a media narrative being formed which is not based on his whole career.

If anything intiailly the majority of his best games came in big games as those teams gave him space.

Unfirtunatley for me Ross has Become almost like brexit and people simply chose to believe what they hear & read & not the whole truth or what they see in real life.

It's in his own good that we don't sell him. He's not the brightest lad and he's about to do something he'll regret hugely. No doubt being exploiting by a greedy agent too.

the one thing i want to know is if there is a contract on the table so to speak and he has been made aware of it then why has he not signed? We have seen enough players recently sign the contract without any fanfare like Coleman so if Ross really is stalling on the new contract then why is that the case?

More to the point, do we want any player at the club who isn't fully committed? That does apply to a certain someone else as well.

He's waiting because there is chatter that some big spending clubs are interested
/those big clubs are paying ridiculous salaries to squad players
//Barkley is good enough to be a ridiculously high paid squad player on one of those teams

Even if we offer 125k/week, that's a lot less than what as not as good Theo Walcott is raking in.

He's waiting because there is chatter that some big spending clubs are interested
/those big clubs are paying ridiculous salaries to squad players
//Barkley is good enough to be a ridiculously high paid squad player on one of those teams

Even if we offer 125k/week, that's a lot less than what as not as good Theo Walcott is raking in.
Isn't the strongest rumor Spurs? And they don't do more than 100k/week for anyone I thought?

Isn't the strongest rumor Spurs? And they don't do more than 100k/week for anyone I thought?

I thought it was United but what do I know. I actually think he'll stay here, its just his agent probably convinced to wait him to wait until summer. Negotations go a lot easier if there is someone else interested.

I thought it was United but what do I know. I actually think he'll stay here, its just his agent probably convinced to wait him to wait until summer. Negotations go a lot easier if there is someone else interested.

I don't think he will stay, a shame but everyone moves on eventually......

He shone in some games, albeit against what could be considered lesser opposition, hence my suggestion earlier in the thread that maybe he can do it in games against Hull and Burnley at home. He does tend to go missing in the bigger games, apart from Anfield when he didn't go missing, he just had a shocker by trying to injure players and seemingly trying too hard.

I generally like Barkley as a player, but his short passing is diabolical. I watch him every home game and there are times he is bloody ace and times bloody annoying. He can hit a 30-40 yard pass with ease, yet fluffs a five yard through ball, or simply does not see it - I'd expect to be rubbish in that circumstance, but I'd expect our players to be able to spot a killer through ball, when the striker has made a great run. Instead he'll take on a dribble too many, or pass backwards.

so I am a bit ambiguous about Ross, he's my Marmite player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back