Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally like Barkley as a player, but his short passing is diabolical. I watch him every home game and there are times he is bloody ace and times bloody annoying. He can hit a 30-40 yard pass with ease, yet fluffs a five yard through ball, or simply does not see it - I'd expect to be rubbish in that circumstance, but I'd expect our players to be able to spot a killer through ball, when the striker has made a great run. Instead he'll take on a dribble too many, or pass backwards.

so I am a bit ambiguous about Ross, he's my Marmite player.

Marmite is generally regarded as something that you either love or hate. There is no ambiguity about that.

It's an issue exaggerated by the fact that when he has a bad game we have zero creativity coming from anywhere else on the pitch.

It's why I'd love him to stay and have another 'playmaker' alongside him.

Exactly mate, but i have got to the point i am starting to not be that bothered, if he wants to stay, sign the contract, if he believes he is better/bigger than the club then good luck we will get the fee and we will move on

Exactly mate, but i have got to the point i am starting to not be that bothered, if he wants to stay, sign the contract, if he believes he is better/bigger than the club then good luck we will get the fee and we will move on
Has anyone actually come out and said anything to the effect that an offer has been on the table for x weeks and Ross is refusing to sign!. If so, lets move on, sad as it may be. If not, please can we all screw our heads back on ffs.

If he goes it's not great for the club. Local lad wanting to leave despite Moshiri. What kind of message is that!

We need to keep him and if we sell, sell on our terms and because we don't want him rather than to avoid losing out on a transfer fee.

Article on one of the rags today and was discussed on sky sports about Spurs wage structure.
Seemingly they don't pay massive wages and Levy wants / has been told to keep it so.
Alderwield and Dier are looking for increases due to other clubs sniffing around.
If they offer ROSS 100kor more a week I can see Ali (55k) and others looking for parity.
Will Spurs pay those wages to a player who I'd say won't be a guaranteed first team player.

Article on one of the rags today and was discussed on sky sports about Spurs wage structure.
Seemingly they don't pay massive wages and Levy wants / has been told to keep it so.
Alderwield and Dier are looking for increases due to other clubs sniffing around.
If they offer ROSS 100kor more a week I can see Ali (55k) and others looking for parity.
Will Spurs pay those wages to a player who I'd say won't be a guaranteed first team player.
They'd get Barkley at a knock down price with less than 12 months on his contract, and it'd go toward a big signing on fee and thus allow them to manage existing wage structures. Presumably that's how it would be done..

He's been at the club since a kid, and maybe he feels it had all just gone a bit stale for him with us and needs a change.

If he did go I would wish him all the best (not go all RS like with Gerard) and would be rooting for him to become that boss player (consistently) we know he is.

They'd get Barkley at a knock down price with less than 12 months on his contract, and it'd go toward a big signing on fee and thus allow them to manage existing wage structures. Presumably that's how it would be done..
If however Arsenal are also interested as has been stated that would start a bidding war and he'd go for 35/45 m and Arsenal may be prepared to pay higher wages.
Question still arises , will he be a regular starter at any team in the top six , my opinion is no

I don't really get how the conversation has moved to people almost assuming he is leaving.

There is no solid details on this at all. Why do people assume the worst when it could also just be extremely protracted talks and something that will be closed off after the season ends.

Surely it's not the first time a player doesn't sign until the summer before their last contracted season? I bet it happens frequently enough.

I don't really get how the conversation has moved to people almost assuming he is leaving.

There is no solid details on this at all. Why do people assume the worst when it could also just be extremely protracted talks and something that will be closed off after the season ends.

Surely it's not the first time a player doesn't sign until the summer before their last contracted season? I bet it happens frequently enough.
It's more the fact that Koeman said quite plainly that he'll be going if he doesn't sign before the end of the season, which is two weeks away.

If however Arsenal are also interested as has been stated that would start a bidding war and he'd go for 35/45 m and Arsenal may be prepared to pay higher wages.
Question still arises , will he be a regular starter at any team in the top six , my opinion is no
£35-45M for an almost out of contract Everton player who his own manager keeps dropping?

Just no.

Barkley will go for £25-30M max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back