Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good player but I'm at the stage like Rom where I don't care anymore if he goes or not. Unlike Rooney who was world class and moving to a side that would win him multiple trophies and titles I highly doubt Barkley will do the same especially at Spur. I very much think he'll regret leaving us If he does although he may very well stay.

That's just bitter mate. If he goes somewhere else, I hope he does well. After the way the fans at EFC have treated him, I can't have any ill will towards him. I think he is a good lad and the talent is certainly there. He would probably be at his best without the pressure of being the most creative outlet.
No it's not bitter
I hope and pray ROSS stays
Same with Lukaku.
We can build around them
But on current form ROSS will not get the first 11 at Spurs or Arsenal
ROSS just needs consistency
If he gets that then then Everton fans will back him to the hilt

No it's not bitter
I hope and pray ROSS stays
Same with Lukaku.
We can build around them
But on current form ROSS will not get the first 11 at Spurs or Arsenal
ROSS just needs consistency
If he gets that then then Everton fans will back him to the hilt
Agree with all your points, but he would get plenty of time on the pitch. I think he would be rotated if he left which would be fine for a new arrival.

We kind of blew our negotiating hand by telling everyone that he would be sold if doesn't sign a new contract. Now if only 1 or 2 clubs want him they can bid around 15 million and maybe go up to around 20 I reckon. Is it worth offering him 150k a week to ensure he stays then try and bin him off shortly after for reasonable money if he still continues to be consistently inconsistent?

But if no club wants him we are stuck paying out a shed load to a player that we need to replace... Gambling time is upon us.
It wasn't you or I mate. It was the manager.

We kind of blew our negotiating hand by telling everyone that he would be sold if doesn't sign a new contract. Now if only 1 or 2 clubs want him they can bid around 15 million and maybe go up to around 20 I reckon. Is it worth offering him 150k a week to ensure he stays then try and bin him off shortly after for reasonable money if he still continues to be consistently inconsistent?

But if no club wants him we are stuck paying out a shed load to a player that we need to replace... Gambling time is upon us.

We run the risk of him saying he's going nowhere then we are stuck paying him 150k a week for 4/5years.

If Barkley leaves for Spurs or Arsenal he'll be playing for a mid table team on loan within 2 years. He just hasn't pushed on, his decision making is atrocious, always seems to want to slow the play down (probably because he's slow at reading the game in front of him) and for an attacking midfielder his goal return is shocking. We can't keep talking about his potential, he's nearly 24, he should be running the show for us now and have the fans knowing that he's left his heart and soul on the pitch at full time. The last couple of games have shown he doesn't wanna be here (Rom to). I want him to stay and do well for us but I can't see it happening.

Is he worth the £100k a week he allegedly wants.

Is anyone?

When you see players like Jesse Lingard getting about that, maybe in football terms, he is.

Such a tough call.
for me,he isnt-doesnt deserve that amount based on how he played-better last few months though,but players we want will probably want more than that,then add the value we pay for new players with the 100k plus they might want-cant win

Is he worth the £100k a week he allegedly wants.

Is anyone?

When you see players like Jesse Lingard getting about that, maybe in football terms, he is.

Such a tough call.
Yes it Is but we want to compete with the top teams yet we could be dithering over paying Ross £100k a week and supposedly offered a player we value at £100 million £140k a week which is £10k a week less than adam lallana

Agree with all your points, but he would get plenty of time on the pitch. I think he would be rotated if he left which would be fine for a new arrival.

he'll be rotated if he stays too. can safely say he wont be in the managers first 11 wherever he is next season unless its somewhere like stoke or west ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back