Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it does Worryingly if we are not prepared to pay him £100k a week moshiri for all his good work will have sold stones, Barkley & lukaku which I am struggling to reconcile.

Don't particualry care wether people articulate how each decision was the correct one simple fact will be we can't keep our best players & truthfully won't have done enough to keep them either.
What do you suggest we do to keep them mate ?

I want Rom gone this summer tbh but I agree the club have been far too lax this season in it's transfer activity. It's why I want the stadium sorted asap, Moshiri is never going to bankroll us and we'll effectively be around 7/8th til we are taken over by a mega rich owner who wants a plaything.

This is a thread about Ross Barkley.

I hope he signs the contract when its offered to him.

We will rue the day, if Ross leaves, in time I believe.

The guy has all the talent in the world but also looks like he has all the pressures of the world on his shoulders when playing for us. Partially because of the level of expectation placed upon him as a local lad and partially because koeman has pubilically used him as his scapegoat on numerous occasions this season. He might have been doing it to elicit a reaction but it's not worked. You can physically see the lack of confidence he has in himself. He doesn't look like the Ross of two or three years ago years ago, he looks strained.

A move for him will probably enhance his career and mindset but it will be one hellava loss for us. There ain't no way we will be able to get someone in with his level of ability or even close for a number of years. I hope he stays but looks all the more likely he leaves. It'll be a sad day.

He is probably waiting to see whether the new owner is all talk or not in this transfer window. That will be the deciding factor for Rom and Barkley.

I hope he gets sold in the Summer. Fed up waiting for him to fulfill his potential. If he signs for another so called big club he'll spend most of his time on the bench and eventually move on unnoticed.

Yes it does Worryingly if we are not prepared to pay him £100k a week moshiri for all his good work will have sold stones, Barkley & lukaku which I am struggling to reconcile.

Don't particualry care wether people articulate how each decision was the correct one simple fact will be we can't keep our best players & truthfully won't have done enough to keep them either.
I don't think he is worth that much, and to be honest I think Stones had wanted to go even before Moshiri came, we could possibly also say that about Lukakua

I don't care a jot if he dosent sign as long as we can get a good fee. If he is playing hard ball for more money we shouldn't give in or it will set a president

I think he, or rather his agent, is waiting to see who actually comes in for him, before he/ they commit one way or the other. Thus far, all there's been is loads of speculation and paper talk.

He's a local lad, but he's not getting any younger, and if he has to move to ensure an increase in pay... Bye bye.

I want Rom gone this summer tbh but I agree the club have been far too lax this season in it's transfer activity. It's why I want the stadium sorted asap, Moshiri is never going to bankroll us and we'll effectively be around 7/8th til we are taken over by a mega rich owner who wants a plaything.

Let's try and stay on the thread topic of Ross Barkley please, discussion about Lukaku, Farhad Moshiri and the new stadium all have their own threads.
Thanks.

Is the standoff about Ross wanting £100k per week, as I am reading elsewhere, or has he (as I believed from a while back) been tapped up?

Is the standoff about Ross wanting £100k per week, as I am reading elsewhere, or has he (as I believed from a while back) been tapped up?

Bloody obvious he's been tapped up

Bit tired off hearing about how great his potential is etc, the 84/85 team had 7 players in that first 11 who where the same age or younger than Ross is now, only Sheedy, Big Nev, Reid and Gray where older. They actually realized their potential rather than having constant excuses made for why they haven't

Wrong manager, wrong system, needs tough love, needs to be molly coddled and told how much he's loved, lads too low on confidence, he needs time to get over that leg break 7-8 years ago, needs better players around him, the crowds too on his back

at some point maybe we need to just turn around and stop with all the variety of excuses and say he's now nearing 24 and has in no way shape or form lived up to the promise originally held for him, and maybe the answer is he never will do. Offer him the contract the club and manager think is fair - if he rejects it, then good luck and sell him and let getting his potential to finally show itself in his mid twenties become another manager and teams problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back