Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timing seems like a embargoed story they have fed the papers doesn't it
Yes it does Worryingly if we are not prepared to pay him £100k a week moshiri for all his good work will have sold stones, Barkley & lukaku which I am struggling to reconcile.

Don't particualry care wether people articulate how each decision was the correct one simple fact will be we can't keep our best players & truthfully won't have done enough to keep them either.

I think he'll leave and I'm kind of alright with that, he's covered the whole spectrum this season. Brilliant at times and utterly awful at others. I don't think he will be as big a miss as some might think.

Yes it does Worryingly if we are not prepared to pay him £100k a week moshiri for all his good work will have sold stones, Barkley & lukaku which I am struggling to reconcile.

Don't particualry care wether people articulate how each decision was the correct one simple fact will be we can't keep our best players & truthfully won't have done enough to keep them either.

If they go its because the players want to go mate

I just don't see how anyone would call him champions league quality at the moment

Edit: Not trying to slate him he's just very off and on. I want him to stay really

I just don't see how anyone would call him champions league quality at the moment

I can't see him getting into the team after the summer: I think RK would prefer to keep him but isn't that bothered and certainly doesn't see the point of paying him megabucks. However, at this point (but not for very much longer) it's the decision of the player and it appears he is as indecisive off the pitch as he is on it.

If they go its because the players want to go mate
Never that simple we have failed to create an environment that they want to be a part off.

Plus we have the funds to compete yet we aren't competing or anywhere near it are we? if we offer rom £140k a week & Ross supposedly wants £100k or he won't sign then we are still playing at this rather than really competing

I suspect that Barkley will forever be an enigma wherever he plays. I would describe him as the nearly man. He is clearly at the last chance saloon as far as which direction his career goes which is why I suspect he is stalling on his contract.
I think part of his problem is Everton. It's too close to his heart and it affects him. I don't believe he will get any better in a blue shirt and the only way he will grow is at another club.

I'm finding it hard to understand why he wouldn't sign a contract if offered though. I find it very worrying. What does he know about the ambitions of the club? Why would we not be paying him the going rate?
If he's so confident in himself that he expects to be playing Champions League, then why doesn't that translate on the pitch? 'They aren't booing you Rosco'. - the lad is a bag of nerves.

Something just doesn't add up.

I want Rom gone this summer tbh but I agree the club have been far too lax this season in it's transfer activity. It's why I want the stadium sorted asap, Moshiri is never going to bankroll us and we'll effectively be around 7/8th til we are taken over by a mega rich owner who wants a plaything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back