Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koeman said something along the lines of: If the players is taking this long to decide, then he has some doubts & that he only wants players that want to be at Everton.

That is not making me very optimistic that Ross is going to be here next season. I hope he signs that contract before next week, but I don't think it's looking good. I think Koeman can teach him many things that will help him be a more complete player, but if he wants to leave thats on him.

Loving the ruthlessness. Calling Ross' bluff so if he really does want to stay, he needs to tell his agent to come to an agreement.

Agreed - love the fact that RK genuinely appreciates and understands that no one player is bigger than our great club and that no-one is indispensable. I get the impression from what RK and Walsh consistently seem to say now, that genuinely wanting to play for us (rather than just picking up the pay package) is a key factor in who we sign. Yes, we will have to be competitive salary-wise, but I don't we'll go overboard if there's no genuine perceived desire.

Koeman said something along the lines of: If the players is taking this long to decide, then he has some doubts & that he only wants players that want to be at Everton.

That is not making me very optimistic that Ross is going to be here next season. I hope he signs that contract before next week, but I don't think it's looking good. I think Koeman can teach him many things that will help him be a more complete player, but if he wants to leave thats on him.

You have to wonder if it is him though. It could be his agent telling him that if he holds out he can get a better deal etc.

If he wants to stay then now is the time to tell his agent to come to an agreement with the club and get the deal done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back