Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Champions League is the objective for us, but its not the same being Celtic in the Champions League as being an EPL club in the Champions League. Celtic need the Champions League money just to keep going and if they make it through the qualifying rounds to the group stage, its an achievement, if they make it out of the group they have massively overachieved, when you look at the money they have and the players they can attract, they are competing for players with teams in the English Championship, I doubt they could actually afford a player like Barkley, if he signed for us or another team he will be on a minimum of £100k a week. Celtic only get about £2.8m for winning the SPL. If they qualify for the group stage of the champions league they get about £12m.
Spurs won't pay him 100k a week
Ali is on 45/55 k and top earner is on 85k
There is a link on another thread which shows just how tightly Spurs are run financially in regards to wages.
If ROSS is paid 100k there will be a line down the hall outside Levy's office of players looking for pay rises.
If ROSS is not careful he will end up as another Jeffers or Rodwell

I think he needs a trip back to the way he was. He's been boxed in this season. He cant play the way he wants and cuts a frustrated figure. I agree he needs work on his game, but then which players dont apart from the geniuses? Pochettino will be great for him.
I think so too. Barkley needed to round out his game a bit (and Koeman has helped him in that area) but I think Pochettino will find a position that will make him more comfortable on the pitch.

Spurs won't pay him 100k a week
Ali is on 45/55 k and top earner is on 85k
There is a link on another thread which shows just how tightly Spurs are run financially in regards to wages.
If ROSS is paid 100k there will be a line down the hall outside Levy's office of players looking for pay rises.
If ROSS is not careful he will end up as another Jeffers or Rodwell

hahaha behave lad, he's one of the most talked about youngsters in world football and JUST signed a new long term contract, he is on atleast double that

Sometimes Andy you either got it or you haven't. Don't deny a lot of his game is very good. But like Piennar before him they don't release the ball when they should. Fine against the Bournemouths of this world but not against the top teams who won't put up with him trying to dribble the ball past 3 or 4. The anfield derby a prime example.

I know mate, but if he moves to say Spurs and Pochettino finds the way to get it out of him, lots of us are going to be gutted, and yet pleased for the lad himself.

That's maybe where we've missed a trick in at least trying to get him talking and analysing with someone not directly involved with the coaching, but who more than understands all of that might be beneficial for him?

Maybe, the collective Everton - everyone within the club and us fans - have loaded too much hope and expectation upon him and he can't currently find a way to come to terms with it.

Unless Eriksen moves on I can't see Ross displacing Alli. He'll have to work a lot harder for Pochettino than he does here and he'll have to be far more clinical. These lazy set pieces, slack finishing, indecisive meandering, will not he tolerated there as they have been indulged here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back