Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing:

Stones would be unfortunate
Losing Lukaku would be a misfortune
Losing Barkely as well is a cause for alarm.

It looks like we're haemorrhaging our best talent in the first 12 months of the Koeman/Moshiri reign.
Barkley's the only one to change his stance since Koeman. The other 2 wanted out long before him.

Kanchelskis single handedly won a Derby at the pit mate, put in the finest ever Everton performance i have seen away at Sheff Wednesday. Scored the winner away at Arsenal, scored again in the home derby against that lot, Scored 15 goals from out wide, he had more than episodes in games - he had the ability and showed it to absolutely destroy teams - and in big games as well.

Speed was simply a brilliant professional - very very overlooked for the best players around at that time

As for Barkley - he's still being talked about as potential this or potential that - he's nearly 24 - at what point does potential become just what you see is what you get?

As for Pocchetino getting the best out of him - if he has found Koeman demanding he works harder hard going - then he won't like life under Pocchetino - and who in that side is he going to replace?
Both the players you mention were excellent. Possibly more so for other clubs actually, but nevertheless.

Barkley" as said, the blood is in the water here and we can now get no real perspective on the lad's talent from within the community of Evertonians. You either love him or loathe him now it seems.

he's an astonishingly talented player and its a disgrace we are looking like losing him. I wish him all the best.

After Martinez' indulgence, Koeman's pragmatism is what Ross needs. He's improved tremendously this year and I've been most impressed by his two goal line clearances in whatever recent match that was. But Ross still can't take over a match and still may not have a position.

I don't want him to leave, but I don't see him getting unfair treatment. What else does he need? Less pressure? That may be best.
Which beggars the question (if true) why he wants to apparently leave.

I think we saw the best of Barkley two seasons ago. That form will now be reignited at another club unfortunately.

Losing:

Stones would be unfortunate
Losing Lukaku would be a misfortune
Losing Barkely as well is a cause for alarm.

It looks like we're haemorrhaging our best talent in the first 12 months of the Koeman/Moshiri reign.
Stones leaving had nothing to do with Koeman.
Lukaku wanted to go last season but was convinced by Koeman to stay another year.
Barkley, I think the agent has become greedy and at the same time Barkley feels that a change of scenery may improve his fortunes...he may or may not be right. I think this season for him would be a 6/10 at best over the full season.

Both the players you mention were excellent. Possibly more so for other clubs actually, but nevertheless.

Barkley" as said, the blood is in the water here and we can now get no real perspective on the lad's talent from within the community of Evertonians. You either love him or loathe him now it seems.

he's an astonishingly talented player and its a disgrace we are looking like losing him. I wish him all the best.
I don't doubt his talent, but talent can be wasted. Look at Gascogne one of the most talented but experienced limited success and wasted it to a large degree.

..absolutely not. As I've said to you before, they are young and ambitious. Whilst these lads might recognise Project Everton, they want a glamour club at this stage in their career and Everton isn't that. It's not the fault of the manager that they want to go, indeed Lukaku is full of praise for how much Koeman has helped him.

You feel it's the club's fault both are going, I suspect I'm not alone in disagreeing but it's pointless having the same disagreement over and over. Folk won't change their mind.

It's a little bit their own fault as well. Stones Del Barkley Lukaku, Martinez and Everton put a lot of faith in four teenagers to be the spine of a team. Which other top half club would make that type of commitment? Maybe the reason we haven't been that successful is because each just solely saw it as a stepping stone opportunity 'game time for me to increase exposure and secure that CL opportunity I want'. What if all 4 had though instead 'we're the core of this team, this club has given us everything, it's on us to make stuff happen on the pitch because we're serious about winning stuff for this club and it's fans'. I wonder which version happened.

I'm sad about Ross possibly leaving on two counts...
Firstly, I honestly thought (hoped) that the change of manager would sufficiently re-invigorate the boy - it has in patches, but not enough. (Dave, this is not meant to be another opportunity to harangue the current manager)
And secondly, because of all those - and there's one who sits right behind me every game - who habitually [Poor language removed] him off will be getting their wish.
For me, Ross in a mercurial talent who still needs help with his game.
Not the physical side of the game as for me he has all the tools, he needs more help and guidance in analysing his game in order to correct the imperfections and further polish the silky skills he undoubtedly possesses.

I've said it countless times on this platform that I am certain someone like Colin Harvey, for me it should BE Colin Harvey, could help him analyse his game, unpick the mistakes and help correct them; emphasise all the good things he does to help increase his confidence and maybe even his own self-respect.

A couple of hours a week with CH and a video machine, to analyse and simply talk football.

I hope it's not too late, but fear it probably is.
I think he needs a trip back to the way he was. He's been boxed in this season. He cant play the way he wants and cuts a frustrated figure. I agree he needs work on his game, but then which players dont apart from the geniuses? Pochettino will be great for him.

I'm sad about Ross possibly leaving on two counts...

Firstly, I honestly thought (hoped) that the change of manager would sufficiently re-invigorate the boy - it has in patches, but not enough. (Dave, this is not meant to be another opportunity to harangue the current manager)

And secondly, because of all those - and there's one who sits right behind me every game - who habitually [Poor language removed] him off will be getting their wish.

For me, Ross in a mercurial talent who still needs help with his game.
Not the physical side of the game as for me he has all the tools, he needs more help and guidance in analysing his game in order to correct the imperfections and further polish the silky skills he undoubtedly possesses.

I've said it countless times on this platform that I am certain someone like Colin Harvey, for me it should BE Colin Harvey, could help him analyse his game, unpick the mistakes and help correct them; emphasise all the good things he does to help increase his confidence and maybe even his own self-respect.

A couple of hours a week with CH and a video machine, to analyse and simply talk football.

I hope it's not too late, but fear it probably is.
Sometimes Andy you either got it or you haven't. Don't deny a lot of his game is very good. But like Piennar before him they don't release the ball when they should. Fine against the Bournemouths of this world but not against the top teams who won't put up with him trying to dribble the ball past 3 or 4. The anfield derby a prime example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back