Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs won't pay him 100k a week
Ali is on 45/55 k and top earner is on 85k
There is a link on another thread which shows just how tightly Spurs are run financially in regards to wages.
If ROSS is paid 100k there will be a line down the hall outside Levy's office of players looking for pay rises.
If ROSS is not careful he will end up as another Jeffers or Rodwell

How come their wage bill is £120m then?

Ours is the next highest in the league at £82m.

So, assuming a squad of 30 players they average an extra £1.3m a player per year (£25k a week)

I think he needs a trip back to the way he was. He's been boxed in this season. He cant play the way he wants and cuts a frustrated figure. I agree he needs work on his game, but then which players dont apart from the geniuses? Pochettino will be great for him.

Dave if anything Pochettino is far more rigorous than Koeman - he absolutely flushed out the club anyone who didn't get 100% on board with him - including some players that had been highly touted, paid big money for etc, this season with both Janssen and Sissoko he has shown he doesn't care about what was paid, if you don't produce the form he wants then you are out the teams fast

Spurs and Pochettino if they buy him won't spend 1-2 seasons trying to round out his flaws in his game, they are expecting a title challenge and to do well in the CL - they won't have time to let Barkley learn on the job. Absolute career suicide for the lad if he ends up at Spurs - he hasn't got the right mentality to play in that side.

Best bet for him is Arsenal - he will get a manager who indulges players and effectively lets them slack hugely in Wenger, but he will get to show up now and again and look the player he could have been.

No satisfaction in this at all btw, but if the lad thinks the grass is greener then good luck to him, and strangely he will be one ex player i have no fear of playing up against as i can guarantee he wont show up in those games

It's a little bit their own fault as well. Stones Del Barkley Lukaku, Martinez and Everton put a lot of faith in four teenagers to be the spine of a team. Which other top half club would make that type of commitment? Maybe the reason we haven't been that successful is because each just solely saw it as a stepping stone opportunity 'game time for me to increase exposure and secure that CL opportunity I want'. What if all 4 had though instead 'we're the core of this team, this club has given us everything, it's on us to make stuff happen on the pitch because we're serious about winning stuff for this club and it's fans'. I wonder which version happened.

...I'm afraid there's little loyalty these days, and to be fair clubs will get rid of players they don't want. The only true way we'll keep hold of top talent is by being successful and we're some way off that. It's a bit naive and romantic thinking these lads will stick around for the love of the club. They want success now, they have agents pushing for better deals. We gobble up the best players from other clubs, and other clubs take ours.

How come their wage bill is £120m then?

Ours is the next highest in the league at £82m.

So, assuming a squad of 30 players they average an extra £1.3m a player per year (£25k a week)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...liverpool-premier-leagues-sixth-most-13020888

Read the piece on wages
Also an article on the sky sports app about Spurs wage structure and it was discussed in detail on the Sunday supplement last week
Spurs do not pay big wages in comparison to the top six

I know mate, but if he moves to say Spurs and Pochettino finds the way to get it out of him, lots of us are going to be gutted, and yet pleased for the lad himself.

That's maybe where we've missed a trick in at least trying to get him talking and analysing with someone not directly involved with the coaching, but who more than understands all of that might be beneficial for him?

Maybe, the collective Everton - everyone within the club and us fans - have loaded too much hope and expectation upon him and he can't currently find a way to come to terms with it.
He's what - 22/23 years old? If he can't hack the pressure now at his boyhood club why do we think he should suddenly blossom anywhere else? There again, maybe we expected way too much of the lad and his elevation into the international team and those expectations have proven counter productive. But again, it doesn't appear to have affected Deli Alli and his stock rise has been even more meteoric than Ross's.
Is it a mental thing with him or are we just wearing blue tinted glasses when it comes to one of our own.
Whichever way it goes l truly wish him well but if it isn't with us then l will forever rue the fact that he did not become the legend at Everton we all hoped and prayed for.

I've come to terms with losing Ross. Talented boy but replaceable with relative ease.

There is only so long we can say "the potential is there'. Look at Dele Alli and Tom Davies. Both of whom appear to offer more to their respective teams.

Spend the money on someone with a much more productive style of play.

...I'm afraid there's little loyalty these days, and to be fair clubs will get rid of players they don't want. The only true way we'll keep hold of top talent is by being successful and we're some way off that. It's a bit naive and romantic thinking these lads will stick around for the love of the club. They want success now, they have agents pushing for better deals. We gobble up the best players from other clubs, and other clubs take ours.

I'm not saying they should stay. They've given us enough seasons, but during the time they were here we languished in bottom half. If I felt they'd given everything and the club had let them down I'd bear no ill grudge, but I feel like we gave them an unbelievable platform as teenagers and all apart from Del have left (or will) with noises of Everton not matching their ambition. They don't seem to realise that for the past 4 seasons they were Everton. It was on them, they decided whether we floundered or failed, and it was too much for them evidently. We've had form issues, fitness issues, crises of confidence, contract wrangles, transfer requests, and all through it Everton kept playing them (apart from Del) every week regardless of the problems they had. I hope they all go on to get what they want in the game but I doubt each of their ability to make it happen for themselves because as talented as they are when the chips are down they look to others, blame others, expect others to put success on a plate. The very best only ever look at themselves.

I would have been sad to see the Ross Barkley that scored that cracker against Man City leave but this pale imitation one that has played the last 3 or 4 games...meh.

What grinds my gears is that he let his contract wind down, surely if he wants to leave that's fine but sign a new contract last year with a medium value release clause or make your intentions clear you will be running it down to get a massive signing on fee with another club. Rooney didn't shaft us as bad as this kid has. (If he does leave - else soz Ross, lol)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...liverpool-premier-leagues-sixth-most-13020888

Read the piece on wages
Also an article on the sky sports app about Spurs wage structure and it was discussed in detail on the Sunday supplement last week
Spurs do not pay big wages in comparison to the top six
They will simply be quoting weekly wages. There was an Article a nUmber of years ago detailing lampards Chelsea wage his basic was in the £60 k range but he had further payments for appearances & bonuses etc which pushed him alot higher can't recall exacts but over the £100k mark.

Quite frankly I appreciate people are quoting newspapers etc but anyone who genuinely believes alli is on £55k a week is deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back