Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd love to know why he's not signing. The world and its dog can see the ambition and likelihood of us getting champs league very soon so you'd have to think it's not that.

Either it's down to money or personal life I'd think. With him getting in trouble recently it wouldn't be too far fetched to think he wants to remove himself from his usual comrades.

Who knows, but it looks like he's gone.....

Losing:

Stones would be unfortunate
Losing Lukaku would be a misfortune
Losing Barkely as well is a cause for alarm.

It looks like we're haemorrhaging our best talent in the first 12 months of the Koeman/Moshiri reign.

I look at it differently Dave. The new manager and owner realise that this Club and everyone in it lacks a winning mentality. The barren years of no silverware and the inability to perform in so-called big games or games against the sides above us is absolute testament to that.
For the record I was a great proponent of Bobby M until the end and equally rated Stones as a marvellous player. I rate Rom and Ross and would hope they'd stay but if they don't have the conviction to commit to the project we clearly have in hand then irrespective of how much we like them they are not the men for the job in hand. That's really disappointing but it's so refreshing to see leadership that see's it clearly and is prepared to make tough decisions. Irrespective of what anyone says there is a huge cache of players available who can become part of the project, and in reality who may be better suited to it.
It will be an absolute shame if Ross and Rom go, but it shouldn't be allowed to derail the project.

Come on Ross, do the right thing.
It's all downhill after Everton, he'd be an idiot to throw it all away at Spurs just because they've had one good season

Dave if anything Pochettino is far more rigorous than Koeman - he absolutely flushed out the club anyone who didn't get 100% on board with him - including some players that had been highly touted, paid big money for etc, this season with both Janssen and Sissoko he has shown he doesn't care about what was paid, if you don't produce the form he wants then you are out the teams fast

Spurs and Pochettino if they buy him won't spend 1-2 seasons trying to round out his flaws in his game, they are expecting a title challenge and to do well in the CL - they won't have time to let Barkley learn on the job. Absolute career suicide for the lad if he ends up at Spurs - he hasn't got the right mentality to play in that side.

Best bet for him is Arsenal - he will get a manager who indulges players and effectively lets them slack hugely in Wenger, but he will get to show up now and again and look the player he could have been.

No satisfaction in this at all btw, but if the lad thinks the grass is greener then good luck to him, and strangely he will be one ex player i have no fear of playing up against as i can guarantee he wont show up in those games
Potchettino nurtures wonderful talent like Eriksen who are free to express themselves. And why do you think Barkley couldn't do work rate? Isn't that what he's been feted for this season - adding this side to his game?

If we're to go down the 'Barkley isn't hard working enough' route, then lets just do a bit of reflecting on what's been claimed on behalf of Koeman's impact on Barkley this season - if that is the case then all the talk of Koeman developing Barkley has been garbage...something I always knew to be the case anyway.

I think he just doesn't like the new boss koeman who has treated him pretty harshly. I have had a boss like that in the past and moving can seem like a good option. I think he is off and hopefully he will be happier elsewhere.

Having said all that I think we can find a better replacement much much more easily than we will for lukaku if he leaves.

I look at it differently Dave. The new manager and owner realise that this Club and everyone in it lacks a winning mentality. The barren years of no silverware and the inability to perform in so-called big games or games against the sides above us is absolute testament to that.
For the record I was a great proponent of Bobby M until the end and equally rated Stones as a marvellous player. I rate Rom and Ross and would hope they'd stay but if they don't have the conviction to commit to the project we clearly have in hand then irrespective of how much we like them they are not the men for the job in hand. That's really disappointing but it's so refreshing to see leadership that see's it clearly and is prepared to make tough decisions. Irrespective of what anyone says there is a huge cache of players available who can become part of the project, and in reality who may be better suited to it.
It will be an absolute shame if Ross and Rom go, but it shouldn't be allowed to derail the project.

But said manager would drop us like a stone if a firm offer came in from a top club.

If the "project" isnt going like he wants it, he'll be off quicker than the players he's currently turfing out

I look at it differently Dave. The new manager and owner realise that this Club and everyone in it lacks a winning mentality. The barren years of no silverware and the inability to perform in so-called big games or games against the sides above us is absolute testament to that.For the record I was a great proponent of Bobby M until the end and equally rated Stones as a marvellous player. I rate Rom and Ross and would hope they'd stay but if they don't have the conviction to commit to the project we clearly have in hand then irrespective of how much we like them they are not the men for the job in hand. That's really disappointing but it's so refreshing to see leadership that see's it clearly and is prepared to make tough decisions. Irrespective of what anyone says there is a huge cache of players available who can become part of the project, and in reality who may be better suited to it.
I dint think that's what's going on here. Koeman is reacting to events not being bold. Lukaku doesn't want to be here. He cant say too much about that though because he advised RL that his future lay elsewhere anyway; Barkley doesn't want to be here so he tries to get out in front of this story and hand ultimatums out...it;s a sign of weakness not strength. You dont hand out ultimatums if you are confident of your own game plan.

There is no strong man there. It's just a damaged ego lashing out.

Potchettino nurtures wonderful talent like Eriksen who are free to express themselves. And why do you think Barkley couldn't do work rate? Isn't that what he's been feted for this season - adding this side to his game?

If we're to go down the 'Barkley isn't hard working enough' route, then lets just do a bit of reflecting on what's been claimed on behalf of Koeman's impact on Barkley this season - if that is the case then all the talk of Koeman developing Barkley has been garbage...something I always knew to be the case anyway.

I suspect Koeman's mind was made up very early regarding Barkley. I thinks it's just so that Barkley doesn't really have a solid position in Koeman's 4-3-3, which I think we may see more. No surprise Davies has featured heavily in that formation, it suits him.

When we played with 3 at the back, Barkley had much more of a free role close to the striker. But this season that particular formation was merely a throw of the dice to change things tactically to get results.

I think Koeman has lost his patience with players not adapting, though it's not necessarily their fault, which in this case it isn't with Barkley. This is also more obvious seeing as we aren't currently linked to players similar to Barkley, which otherwise would set alarm bells ringing - Losing a seemingly key player with no replacement lined up first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back