Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Koeman's mind was made up very early regarding Barkley. I thinks it's just so that Barkley doesn't really have a solid position in Koeman's 4-3-3, which I think we may see more. No surprise Davies has featured heavily in that formation, it suits him.

When we played with 3 at the back, Barkley had much more of a free role close to the striker. But this season that particular formation was merely a throw of the dice to change things tactically to get results.

I think Koeman has lost his patience with players not adapting, though it's not necessarily their fault, which in this case it isn't with Barkley. This is also more obvious seeing as we aren't currently linked to players similar to Barkley, which otherwise would set alarm bells ringing - Losing a seemingly key player with no replacement lined up first.

...thinking about life after Barkley, it's a very valid point to highlight whether his type truly fitted the RK team model.

But said manager would drop us like a stone if a firm offer came in from a top club.

If the "project" isnt going like he wants it, he'll be off quicker than the players he's currently turfing out

Every manager will probably do the same thing. Like Moyes. The Spurs manger will go to Baca if a firm offer comes in.

Unless the Mosh makes Everton to become a top club.

I dint think that's what's going on here. Koeman is reacting to events not being bold. Lukaku doesn't want to be here. He cant say too much about that though because he advised RL that his future lay elsewhere anyway; Barkley doesn't want to be here so he tries to get out in front of this story and hand ultimatums out...it;s a sign of weakness not strength. You dont hand out ultimatums if you are confident of your own game plan.

There is no strong man there. It's just a damaged ego lashing out.

Damaged ego ? have you actually seen his honours list? You really think some lad who thinks he is better then he is not signing is going to make any odds to him?

I suspect Koeman's mind was made up very early regarding Barkley. I thinks it's just so that Barkley doesn't really have a solid position in Koeman's 4-3-3, which I think we may see more. No surprise Davies has featured heavily in that formation, it suits him.

When we played with 3 at the back, Barkley had much more of a free role close to the striker. But this season that particular formation was merely a throw of the dice to change things tactically to get results.

I think Koeman has lost his patience with players not adapting, though it's not necessarily their fault, which in this case it isn't with Barkley. This is also more obvious seeing as we aren't currently linked to players similar to Barkley, which otherwise would set alarm bells ringing - Losing a seemingly key player with no replacement lined up first.

And who else has adapted? Baines? Same old tune out of him and you'l get nothing else; Lukaku? Ditto, despite all the claims of him being more more complete'? Soft lad who got a 4 year extension last night? Please.

Damaged ego ? have you actually seen his honours list? You really think some lad who thinks he is better then he is not signing is going to make any odds to him?
Think there something to this. Koeman knows and played with truly world class players. It may be that he is not prepared to treat good as world class and believes that in his system he can get better results out of other players. Or at the very least that he sees Ross as not good enough to dictate terms to the club and/or hold us ransom.

That may be hard for us to hear and even harder to accept given that we have emotional attachment to Ross, but it doesn't mean it isn't true.

I say that as someone who wants him to stay, become world class and lead us to glory. Just cause i want it doesn't make it so.

Hope this is just a question of money and one party will compromise.

Koeman (more likely the board) well within his rights to put a deadline on it.

Everyone knows he's coming to his last year so we're playing an open hand.

Sadly, I think him and Rom would have both stayed if we'd got in the top 4 this year, but think both of them now feel they want a step up in competition, and aren't prepared to wait any longer.

Really want him to stay as a couple of better players around him, and think he'll go up a level. But if he won't give us any more time to step up, not a lot we can do.

Regardless of whatever circumstances, if a player, any player, is perceived to reject Everton, then Evertonians should cease their support of said player.

No exceptions! If a player doesn't get along with the manager, or thinks he worth more than he's offered, or believes his talent is being stifled by such a small club, or thinks the grass is greener at some other park...there's the door.

And who else has adapted? Baines? Same old tune out of him and you'l get nothing else; Lukaku? Ditto, despite all the claims of him being more more complete'? Soft lad who got a 4 year extension last night? Please.

That's my point. Barkley, Mirallas and McCarthy have adapted the least. Sure, there are players who deserve to leave before Barkley. But if Koeman sees no long term future for someone then he's going to get rid and bring in new players.

I dint think that's what's going on here. Koeman is reacting to events not being bold. Lukaku doesn't want to be here. He cant say too much about that though because he advised RL that his future lay elsewhere anyway; Barkley doesn't want to be here so he tries to get out in front of this story and hand ultimatums out...it;s a sign of weakness not strength. You dont hand out ultimatums if you are confident of your own game plan.

There is no strong man there. It's just a damaged ego lashing out.
exactly my thinking, ultimatums are not a sign of power. They completely destroy your leverage with either outcome. 1: if you want Ross to stay, giving him an ultimatum is only going to drive a wedge in the negotiations. 2: if you want to sell Ross, you destroy your bargaining power with any club who wants to purchase him. Koeman shot himself in the foot with this outbreak. He needs to learn that he is a football player, a great one, but he is not a business man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back