Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to us HAVING to sell him this summer if he doesn't sign, will this put us at a disadvantage in terms of the fee we can command? The buying clubs will have the power to dictate how much he goes for as we won't want him leaving for free.

I honestly wish that Koeman had gone about this in private rather than making it all public

What's wrong with him saying this to Ross in private and maybe giving him a week or two after the seasons end to get back with his final decision?

I can't help but think Koeman has essentially forced Barkley out of the club today
Maybe he has tried that and has got nowhere, this is his last attempt to move things forward. He has plans and needs to know if Barkley wants to be part of those plans?

There's obviously a difference in the contributions of Ross and Rom at the club, which is why we're having to tread carefully with Rom, but with Ross, I think it's important to try and make him stay, while also balancing the fact that he's not yet developed the influence and skills of others at the same age - Delle Ali, Rom, Sterling, etc, - who all started influencing games early. Agree with earlier posts that this gets us in trouble if he does end up leaving, because everyone knows he wants to leave so we can't command a big fee.
If he stays, though, he's being forced by Big Ron to say 'I love EFC and i will fight to become better'.

One thing we should chill out about though - what if he's just a late developer, and he finally gets it together at 24 or 25. He'll be ok!

I would like him to stay but there are no shortage of decent CAMs out there. He's not irreplaceable, imo.

Rumours seem to be growing that he is off to Spurs, I guess there's no smoke without fire. I think Ross will blossom with better players around him, but I could be wrong.

I hate the fact that the RS manage to hold onto their best home grown talent (most of the time) while we cash in early and it makes me wonder how long it will be before Tom Davies becomes a target.

Due to us HAVING to sell him this summer if he doesn't sign, will this put us at a disadvantage in terms of the fee we can command? The buying clubs will have the power to dictate how much he goes for as we won't want him leaving for free.

..that's why it would be good if more than one club wants him.

I suppose the other scenario is if Barkley wants to see his last year out. I can't see that happening but it is an option I suppose.

Rumours seem to be growing that he is off to Spurs, I guess there's no smoke without fire. I think Ross will blossom with better players around him, but I could be wrong.

I hate the fact that the RS manage to hold onto their best home grown talent (most of the time) while we cash in early and it makes me wonder how long it will be before Tom Davies becomes a target.
I get a whole different vibe from Tom, he can handle the pressure.

I hate that too. Also it's surely an important management skill to convince a young player that development is as important as where you play. Nurturing a career, being patient, and making hte right move at the right time are all so vital in a career. It can't help that nobody knows how long Ron will stay around before he goes to..urm..Tottenham or Newcastle

If we improve to the levels we all want/expect, does Ross get near the team regularly?
That's good question, we all think he needs better players around him but we don't know for sure if that would make a difference, he could become just a passenger due to his mental weaknesses.

That's good question, we all think he needs better players around him but we don't know for sure if that would make a difference, he could become just a passenger due to his mental weaknesses.
Take away his local connection, would you keep him?

If we improve to the levels we all want/expect, does Ross get near the team regularly?
With his current form no
But I hope he stays and has that Hallelujah moment when it all clicks for him and he goes on to star for us for years
Sadly I think he is off in the summer.
I just can't fathom out why.
It may be more for personal reasons than football reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back