Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the fact that the RS manage to hold onto their best home grown talent (most of the time) while we cash in early and it makes me wonder how long it will be before Tom Davies becomes a target.

What homegrown talent do they even have? Is there even a scouser on their books anymore?

Davies will be a club legend here if he progresses well. Barkley starting to think he's above the club, hope the door hits him in the ass on the way out.

Still not sure what he wanted Sissoko or Jansenn for
Post of the day.
Every manager makes mistakes and thinks they can see something in a player that no body else can.
Bobby brown shoes thought that Cleverly was the best English player of his generation.
He also had fulsome praise for Robles , Kone ,Naisse , Alcatraz ( I still shudder when I say that name ) Del , McCarthy Bescic , and that 6ft 11 in stocking that played half a game for us.
All managers make mistakes , just some more than others.

I'm not a fan of RK's approach on this; 'sign or be sold' - the club can only sell the player if the player wants to go. Ross has a contract and is entitled to run it down completely. I wouldn't want him to do this, but I would probably delay signing the contract out of principle if I felt someone was employing bully-boy tactics against me.
Looks on this basis then that Ross is using that much talked about brain of his.Who knows?

Take away his local connection, would you keep him?
That's a difficult question, I think he is one of the most talented players have, however I do not think he influences games enough for the position he holds, which by the way requires a very talented player at the top level. This well what about everyone else question people keep throwing about is baloney, they don't play in his position, which he has pretty much had nailed down recently with no competition. He needs to show more driving the team forward, running at defenses and laying the ball off at the right time. He's scared for me, scared of failure, I think he holds back too much and he has got into this way of thinking that I'm not sure can be trained out of him.

That's my point. Barkley, Mirallas and McCarthy have adapted the least. Sure, there are players who deserve to leave before Barkley. But if Koeman sees no long term future for someone then he's going to get rid and bring in new players.
He's not getting rid mate...he's the one being rejected.

ROSS won't run his contract down
I reckon he still harbours ambitions of playing for England again and he won't waste a year in the reserves or on the bench with us.
He will sit on Spurs bench and hope to get picked for England from there
I hope he wakes up and signs for us

Stones signed a contract though.

And Ross and Rom haven't

Having Koeman coming out with a hard line is no different to Martinez coming out with an equally hard line that Stones wasn't leaving, so this idea that Martinez always bent over backwards for the star players isn't a fair comment. I'm hardly a Martinez fan, but fair is fair at the end of the day. He made it clear to Stones that he wasn't getting a move and Stones could like it or lump it, so Stones stuck around for another season

And Ross and Rom haven't

Having Koeman coming out with a hard line is no different to Martinez coming out with an equally hard line that Stones wasn't leaving, so this idea that Martinez always bent over backwards for the star players isn't a fair comment. I'm hardly a Martinez fan, but fair is fair at the end of the day. He made it clear to Stones that he wasn't getting a move and Stones could like it or lump it, so Stones stuck around for another season
And how much disruption did that cause to our dressing room?

exactly my thinking, ultimatums are not a sign of power. They completely destroy your leverage with either outcome. 1: if you want Ross to stay, giving him an ultimatum is only going to drive a wedge in the negotiations. 2: if you want to sell Ross, you destroy your bargaining power with any club who wants to purchase him. Koeman shot himself in the foot with this outbreak. He needs to learn that he is a football player, a great one, but he is not a business man.
Exactly. I cant put it any better.

It's the most stupid of manoeuvres.

I honestly wish that Koeman had gone about this in private rather than making it all public

What's wrong with him saying this to Ross in private and maybe giving him a week or two after the seasons end to get back with his final decision?

I can't help but think Koeman has essentially forced Barkley out of the club today

I am led to believe the offer isnt good enough for Ross/agents.

It could be Koeman saying to the board 'make a better offer or were selling him'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back