Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is a mess at this stage. It's underneath all the point scoring about Barkley's attitude and ability and it's topped off with a large dollop of disgraceful witch hunting of a lad who is local and therefore apparently fair game for it.

Here's the only facts worth considering:

Both Barkley and Lukaku wont sign new contracts.

Now, what does that say about this football club - its owner and manager?

Stones/Barkley/Lukaku...read the runes.

it says that Stones was promised a move before the new owner ever took charge and he went to the richest club in the world.

It says that Lukaku wants to play one of the richest clubs in the world and the club he never really wanted to leave

It says that Barkleys agent doesn't get a payday if he doesn't get him to move mate

Why on earth are you holding Moshiri and Koeman to standards that no manager or owner in the world could live up to, EVERY single club besides for 2-3 in the world has players angling for that next move, look across at United - Ronaldo left them for a bigger club, DeGea will leave them this summer for a bigger club

Sanchez will leave Arsenal for a bigger club Van Persie and Cole both did the same, Hazzard will leave Chelsea over the next year or two for a bigger club, Suarez, Torres and soon Coutinho all left for bigger clubs, Modric, Bale both left for bigger clubs, Sol Campbell did the same years ago, Alderweireld will likely do similar soon.

Does that make any of these owners, or any of their managers worth criticsm Dave?

exactly my thinking, ultimatums are not a sign of power. They completely destroy your leverage with either outcome. 1: if you want Ross to stay, giving him an ultimatum is only going to drive a wedge in the negotiations. 2: if you want to sell Ross, you destroy your bargaining power with any club who wants to purchase him. Koeman shot himself in the foot with this outbreak. He needs to learn that he is a football player, a great one, but he is not a business man.
Great point

Why does everyone assume that he is not signing a new contract because he wants to move? We know nothing about the details of his contract. The contract might be crap and he knows he deserves better. The contract might be so crap that we would go ballistic if we saw what was offered. He has never mentioned that he wanted to go somewhere else, but I will tell you what, the way a lot of the fans treat him, they sure give him a reason to want to leave.
spot in mate. I cant believe that so many in here cba that our one and only creative player looks like he's leaving. I'm gutted.

it says that Stones was promised a move before the new owner ever took charge and he went to the richest club in the world.

It says that Lukaku wants to play one of the richest clubs in the world and the club he never really wanted to leave

It says that Barkleys agent doesn't get a payday if he doesn't get him to move mate

Why on earth are you holding Moshiri and Koeman to standards that no manager or owner in the world could live up to, EVERY single club besides for 2-3 in the world has players angling for that next move, look across at United - Ronaldo left them for a bigger club, DeGea will leave them this summer for a bigger club

Sanchez will leave Arsenal for a bigger club Van Persie and Cole both did the same, Hazzard will leave Chelsea over the next year or two for a bigger club, Suarez, Torres and soon Coutinho all left for bigger clubs, Modric, Bale both left for bigger clubs, Sol Campbell did the same years ago, Alderweireld will likely do similar soon.

Does that make any of these owners, or any of their managers worth criticsm Dave?

...I fear you're flogging a dead horse, Matey.

One thing I am surprised about in all of this, is I always got the impression that 1. Ross loves Everton and 2. He does not enjoy the spotlight especially when it is negative. If Ross decides to force us to sell him I can't imagine the city will be that forgiving of him. Badge kissing aside, Rooney leaving was understandable. We were broke and needed the money to survive. Now Moshiri is trying to take Everton to the next level and Ross wants to leave, when as a club we are in the strongest position we have ever been in since the start of the PL league. So unless we are truly low balling him with a contract then, I can see the city turning on Ross if we sell him and I can't imagine he would handle it well.

One thing I am surprised about in all of this, is I always got the impression that 1. Ross loves Everton and 2. He does not enjoy the spotlight especially when it is negative. If Ross decides to force us to sell him I can't imagine the city will be that forgiving of him. Badge kissing aside, Rooney leaving was understandable. We were broke and needed the money to survive. Now Moshiri is trying to take Everton to the next level and Ross wants to leave, when as a club we are in the strongest position we have ever been in since the start of the PL league. So unless we are truly low balling him with a contract then, I can see the city turning on Ross if we sell him and I can't imagine he would handle it well.

Or he thinks Koeman is a moon headed biff

To be fair, I hand't even considered that we might have potentially offered him a crap contract

Doesn't make the situation any less depressing, but would make a bit more sense at least

That is the surprising thing is I haven't seen a single paper stating any actual amount for the wages offered. What would fair value be? 85k? 100k? If we offer Rom 140k (rumored) what would Barkley want?

That is the surprising thing is I haven't seen a single paper stating any actual amount for the wages offered. What would fair value be? 85k? 100k? If we offer Rom 140k (rumored) what would Barkley want?
What is Barkley worth? It would be interesting to hear what people think he is worth, if let's say Lukaku was offered 140 k per week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back