Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will sign, he needs us as much as we need him. It seems to me like he's a pawn between RK and his agent playing brinkmanship.

Playing a risky game is Ross, imagine if Spurs get cold feet, or can't agree a fee. He'll be getting flogged to someone cack like Newcastle.

it says that Stones was promised a move before the new owner ever took charge and he went to the richest club in the world.

It says that Lukaku wants to play one of the richest clubs in the world and the club he never really wanted to leave

It says that Barkleys agent doesn't get a payday if he doesn't get him to move mate

Why on earth are you holding Moshiri and Koeman to standards that no manager or owner in the world could live up to, EVERY single club besides for 2-3 in the world has players angling for that next move, look across at United - Ronaldo left them for a bigger club, DeGea will leave them this summer for a bigger club

Sanchez will leave Arsenal for a bigger club Van Persie and Cole both did the same, Hazzard will leave Chelsea over the next year or two for a bigger club, Suarez, Torres and soon Coutinho all left for bigger clubs, Modric, Bale both left for bigger clubs, Sol Campbell did the same years ago, Alderweireld will likely do similar soon.

Does that make any of these owners, or any of their managers worth criticsm Dave?
Those examples are ridiculous. Those clubs player trade from the top deck of the pack. They get shut of class and then they buy class. We sell class and buy a hopeful punt or promote a new player and if they're good enough they will be sold too.

Please dont compare our seat of their pants operational plan with well financed and organised clubs. It's a joke.

Do we know who Barkley's agent is? I know he's with Wasserman who, coincidently, have David Moyes Jr representing them!

Just curious if his agent has form for playing hard ball with clubs.

He signed his last contract before the new transparency regulations came in listing all transactions between players and their agents.

My understanding is that Moyes Jnr works for Wasserman Media and that Moyes Jnrs client list included mainly up and coming players and that included RB.
On the basis that the majority of contracts are circ 5 years I would guess that both RB and his agent will view the next contract as probably the most valuable one in his career .They will know the sort of money RL has been offered along with the sums being paid to other playser at the club and whilst I doubt he would be offered a contract that would make him the top paid player I would suspect RB would be looking to being offered wages that would put him in the top three and I sort of get the feeling that the offered increase although significant is possibly significantly less than they are looking for

The press conference was a microcosm of the Barkley-Koeman relationship since day one: Koeman just cant hold his water on the subject. Why on earth is he making statements like that?

He's sacrificed this player's loyalty on the altar of his own giant ego.

He hasn't, but okay.

In fact, he hardly said anything different to what he has done before.

Pfffft!

We have a "billionaire" in place who can match all our best players ambitions I was told.

I think the real reason lies outside these players, and we know it too. They are unconvinced by the 'vision', such as it is.

By the end of this summer when the net spend is calculated I'm convinced (for the second summer running) we'll see why they didn't buy into it.
Dave ur not giving Moshiri a chance ru

My understanding is that Moyes Jnr works for Wasserman Media and that Moyes Jnrs client list included mainly up and coming players and that included RB.
On the basis that the majority of contracts are circ 5 years I would guess that both RB and his agent will view the next contract as probably the most valuable one in his career .They will know the sort of money RL has been offered along with the sums being paid to other playser at the club and whilst I doubt he would be offered a contract that would make him the top paid player I would suspect RB would be looking to being offered wages that would put him in the top three and I sort of get the feeling that the offered increase although significant is possibly significantly less than they are looking for
Well he won't get 140k or anything like that at Spurs

Those examples are ridiculous. Those clubs player trade from the top deck of the pack. They get shut of class and then they buy class. We sell class and buy a hopeful punt or promote a new player and if they're good enough they will be sold too.

Please dont compare our seat of their pants operational plan with well financed and organised clubs. It's a joke.
On that basis would you say Guaye or schneiderlin were poor signings? The scenario with Barkley is unfortunate but a very clear message from Koeman that he is charge not the player similar approach to Alex fergusan on many occasions at United.

What happens in this scenario
ROSS doesn't sign a new contract this week
He's placed on the transfer list
Only the likes of Newcastle Stoke West Ham come in with acceptable bids.
ROSS doesn't fancy these clubs.
Come August ROSS says I'll sign the contract but Koeman has signed his replacement in anticipation of the fee coming in.
Will Koeman sign him up. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back