Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have already been loads of stories about Spurs players being linked with moves away if they don't get improved contracts, with clubs like city and Man Utd ready to double the wages of some of the players. The stories report we have offered Ross £100k a week, I would be shocked if he left to go to Spurs on less than we would have paid him

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.te...-new-100000-a-week-contract-everton-sold/amp/

Spurs are very much at a crossroads but somehow they have managed to get a number of their players to sign new contracts over the last few months and the rumour is the manager is a major factor in the players decision making process although I suspect there are a lot of get out clauses together with add ons such as a significant %of transfer fees winning bonuses etc
The reality is for all the bravado Everton can't force him to sign the new contract or indeed come to that make him go to any club he doesn't want to go to.
Would the club make him sit on the bench for 12 months to prove a point? I very much doubt it but what both stands out and is a worry is that the two most valuable players at Everton are both are refusing to sign new contracts and on the face of it both want out. You can package that anyway you want but to any prospective player surely that would set alarm bells ringing

spot in mate. I cant believe that so many in here cba that our one and only creative player looks like he's leaving. I'm gutted.

It seems lost on most that apparently the 2nd best team in the country want to sign him.

They then say well he will be sat on the bench. I'd love it if we were good enough to have him sit on our bench but fact is whenever he does we are only slightly better than stoke or West Brom the only difference being lukaku.

Really hope he doesn't leave & the fact is it weakens us &'strengthens a team above us.

Siggurdson fee is quoted as £35 million & £140k a week. Let's be kind & call it £100k, if he signs for 5 years that's £61 million.

Ross signs £100k a week for 5 years £26 million. How did we even let it get to this point.

It seems lost on most that apparently the 2nd best team in the country want to sign him.

They then say well he will be sat on the bench. I'd love it if we were good enough to have him sit on our bench but fact is whenever he does we are only slightly better than stoke or West Brom the only difference being lukaku.

Really hope he doesn't leave & the fact is it weakens us &'strengthens a team above us.

Siggurdson fee is quoted as £35 million & £140k a week. Let's be kind & call it £100k, if he signs for 5 years that's £61 million.

Ross signs £100k a week for 5 years £26 million. How did we even let it get to this point.
Yeah but you're forgetting the fee we can get for Ross, I'm fairly confident we could get more for him then Swansea would get from us.
Also selling him to Spurs I don't think would strengthen them that much,if they don't buy him they will just get someone else and already have betters players anyway

Frightening when you put it like that but don't you know that Lukaku leaving won't make any difference League position wise

If he doesn't want to sign a contract what would you like us to do?

spot in mate. I cant believe that so many in here cba that our one and only creative player looks like he's leaving. I'm gutted.

He's the only attacking midfielder at the club so of course he's the most creative

He's a bang average midfielder like Wiltshire

Yeah but you're forgetting the fee we can get for Ross, I'm fairly confident we could get more for him then Swansea would get from us.
Also selling him to Spurs I don't think would strengthen them that much,if they don't buy him they will just get someone else and already have betters players anyway

In the last year of his contract no one is going to pay anywhere near £35 million.

Pfffft!

We have a "billionaire" in place who can match all our best players ambitions I was told.

I think the real reason lies outside these players, and we know it too. They are unconvinced by the 'vision', such as it is.

By the end of this summer when the net spend is calculated I'm convinced (for the second summer running) we'll see why they didn't buy into it.
bang on here, what kind of message is this sending out about Moshiri's new dawn at Everton? within 18 months of him taking over we are likely to have lost 3 of the best young talents in Europe, how long before Tom Davies is on his way to City or United? "nothing will be the same" hahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back