Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those examples are ridiculous. Those clubs player trade from the top deck of the pack. They get shut of class and then they buy class. We sell class and buy a hopeful punt or promote a new player and if they're good enough they will be sold too.

Please dont compare our seat of their pants operational plan with well financed and organised clubs. It's a joke.
What's ridiculous is your continued bagging on our approach like it's the same approach we've used in the past. It's a different club. It's a different owner. He's actually a sound businessman.

You also don't have a single example of us selling class and buying a hopeful punt. Now if they don't turn around and spend money on class this summer, fine. Your arguments have merit.

And please also stop lumping in Stones with Ross and Rom. Stones never was nor will he ever be that good. His sale was a no-brainer.

It's fair to be concerned that Ross or Rom are moving on. But Ross not signing a new deal only matters if we can't get value for him and turn it around and replace him.

Looking like the only question left is how much we can get. The grass is apparently greener. Difficult to see him anywhere other than Spurs unless he's he wants to be the next rodwell, Scott Sinclair at city. Feels like a huge personal gamble which is strange considering he is such a confidence player.

What happens in this scenario
ROSS doesn't sign a new contract this week
He's placed on the transfer list
Only the likes of Newcastle Stoke West Ham come in with acceptable bids.
ROSS doesn't fancy these clubs.
Come August ROSS says I'll sign the contract but Koeman has signed his replacement in anticipation of the fee coming in.
Will Koeman sign him up. ??
It's that or he waits till season end and walks for free

What happens in this scenario
ROSS doesn't sign a new contract this week
He's placed on the transfer list
Only the likes of Newcastle Stoke West Ham come in with acceptable bids.
ROSS doesn't fancy these clubs.
Come August ROSS says I'll sign the contract but Koeman has signed his replacement in anticipation of the fee coming in.
Will Koeman sign him up. ??

In your scenario, say by-by. He's gone, man. He can't have it both ways. If he doesn't sign, he goes. He lost his chance to sign with a better club, now he runs the risk of going to a worse one. If he doesn't want to sign there, either, fine. Up to him.

And the idea that this is a bad negotiation tactic is flawed. Every negotation should begin with the individuals knowing what their walk-away point is. That's fundamental. We rip the organization for being slow on making deals last summer. You can't have it both ways. If I'm Koeman and I'm comfortable with letting Ross go, but I NEED to know at a certain point is time, then there ya go.

I love Ross, I want him to stay as much as anyone, it just seems WRONG for him to leave, but if teams are ALREADY haggling over replacements RIGHT NOW, you need a decision one way or another. I don't think that's unreasonable. Frankly, the only reason he would ever wait, is that he wants confidence that they are going to acquire talent around him. Fine. I get that. Build it into the contract and if certain conditions aren't met, he can leave.

Pfffft!

We have a "billionaire" in place who can match all our best players ambitions I was told.

I think the real reason lies outside these players, and we know it too. They are unconvinced by the 'vision', such as it is.

By the end of this summer when the net spend is calculated I'm convinced (for the second summer running) we'll see why they didn't buy into it.

For all Dave's bitter desire to be contrary, and the fact that he'd almost certainly have an argument with himself in the absence of others - this post is kind of the elephant in the room.

The truth is, it might actually be spot on. Selling our most attractive assets is worrying at best.
Moshiri needs to put this kind of thinking to bed - and he needs to do it this summer.

Those examples are ridiculous. Those clubs player trade from the top deck of the pack. They get shut of class and then they buy class. We sell class and buy a hopeful punt or promote a new player and if they're good enough they will be sold too.

Please dont compare our seat of their pants operational plan with well financed and organised clubs. It's a joke.

I think you are onto something here. This is one of the big challenges Moshiri will face. However we want to dress it up, there's no way I see Roman selling 3 lads like Lukaku, Barkley and Stones after a year or so of going into Chelsea. The same could be said with the Sheikh and City.

You could well say it was unavoidable. However much of what Moshiri is trying to do is alter how we are viewed. If we are so in on this, letting go our 3 main young assets doesn't achieve this.

As I've said, if Barkley and Lukaku leave, while Kenwright and Elstone remain he is going to need to bring in some serious talent to keep a lot of the fanbase on board.

For all Dave's bitter desire to be contrary, and the fact that he'd almost certainly have an argument with himself in the absence of others - this post is kind of the elephant in the room.

The truth is, it might actually be spot on. Selling our most attractive assets is worrying at best.
Moshiri needs to put this kind of thinking to bed - and he needs to do it this summer.
Maybe. But there's no strong evidence one way or another.

Spurs won't pay him 100k a week
Ali is on 45/55 k and top earner is on 85k
There is a link on another thread which shows just how tightly Spurs are run financially in regards to wages.
If ROSS is paid 100k there will be a line down the hall outside Levy's office of players looking for pay rises.
If ROSS is not careful he will end up as another Jeffers or Rodwell

There have already been loads of stories about Spurs players being linked with moves away if they don't get improved contracts, with clubs like city and Man Utd ready to double the wages of some of the players. The stories report we have offered Ross £100k a week, I would be shocked if he left to go to Spurs on less than we would have paid him

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.te...-new-100000-a-week-contract-everton-sold/amp/

That's the crux of it and that question needs to be answered. The purpose of player trading should be to come out of it with better quality players.

Status
Not open for further replies.