Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
it says that Stones was promised a move before the new owner ever took charge and he went to the richest club in the world.

It says that Lukaku wants to play one of the richest clubs in the world and the club he never really wanted to leave

It says that Barkleys agent doesn't get a payday if he doesn't get him to move mate

Why on earth are you holding Moshiri and Koeman to standards that no manager or owner in the world could live up to, EVERY single club besides for 2-3 in the world has players angling for that next move, look across at United - Ronaldo left them for a bigger club, DeGea will leave them this summer for a bigger club

Sanchez will leave Arsenal for a bigger club Van Persie and Cole both did the same, Hazzard will leave Chelsea over the next year or two for a bigger club, Suarez, Torres and soon Coutinho all left for bigger clubs, Modric, Bale both left for bigger clubs, Sol Campbell did the same years ago, Alderweireld will likely do similar soon.

Does that make any of these owners, or any of their managers worth criticsm Dave?

Those players had won things and were part of teams challenging for honours. They jumped ship for either a payday, or falling out with a manager.

We haven't won anything, don't challenge for anything and everytime we think about building something and take a step forward, we always take two steps back and reset again.

His point is that we HAD a spine of £150mill of talent and did nothing with it but sell it. If you're trying to build, you don't take away foundations that made it special.

It's not a case of "clubs sell players" its what selling them says as a club.

United sell to Real. It's just heavyweights going at it.

We sell to Spurs...what does that say?

it says that Stones was promised a move before the new owner ever took charge and he went to the richest club in the world.

It says that Lukaku wants to play one of the richest clubs in the world and the club he never really wanted to leave

It says that Barkleys agent doesn't get a payday if he doesn't get him to move mate

Why on earth are you holding Moshiri and Koeman to standards that no manager or owner in the world could live up to, EVERY single club besides for 2-3 in the world has players angling for that next move, look across at United - Ronaldo left them for a bigger club, DeGea will leave them this summer for a bigger club

Sanchez will leave Arsenal for a bigger club Van Persie and Cole both did the same, Hazzard will leave Chelsea over the next year or two for a bigger club, Suarez, Torres and soon Coutinho all left for bigger clubs, Modric, Bale both left for bigger clubs, Sol Campbell did the same years ago, Alderweireld will likely do similar soon.

Does that make any of these owners, or any of their managers worth criticsm Dave?

You know what game is afoot here Ste.

Pointless.

I don't think he is Koeman's biggest fan, but most of that is him talking about Ross in the media. I believe Ross recognizes that he is playing his best and most complete football under RK this season.

Which is why he feels he may think about another step up?

I look forward to the posts in the transfer thread at full-time.

A good chance i will just post this

0w5UAMX.gif

So here we have a player who had a 4 year contract signed before the age of 28 and has now completed 3 years of that contract.
As of next Sunday a 15 day clock starts ticking. RB is able to utilise theWebster ruling in any negotiations I agree it's unlikely that RB would leave under Article 17 but the power is now all his.
We have no idea what he has been offered in terms of his new contract, it may be he wants more dosh, it maybe he genuinely wants out and again we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes in terms of his agents game plan or indeed the clubs that have indicated they would pay a fee . If that's the case I suspect that fee they expect to pay won't be anywhere near what Everton want or indeed could have got 12 months ago
Whilst every supporter at every club wants to keep their best players those that run their clubs have to step up and look at the long term and yes I know it's a balancing act but to allow a player to get in to the last 12 months which is where RB is nothing short of negligence.

Best price fopr him would be to say "Ross Barkley is our player and is contracted to this club. He';s a valued part of the team. Our negotioans with him are ongoing".

Straight bat played - force those who are pursuing his signature to pay a decent price.

That's not for Ronko though. Ronko has to make sure he;s looking like the strongman.
I think we have been up and down that road about half a dozen times. Time to get tough

i reckon if the contract that barkley was offered wasn't up to standard,his agent would have leaked it to up the ante.
it will be interesting to see when it all comes out in the wash.
if he was going to sign again surely kenwright would have mentioned it the other night at the mid table celebration party!

Do we know who Barkley's agent is? I know he's with Wasserman who, coincidently, have David Moyes Jr representing them!

Just curious if his agent has form for playing hard ball with clubs.

He signed his last contract before the new transparency regulations came in listing all transactions between players and their agents.

It says very little about the club actually, but speaks volumes about the state of modern football

What it shows is that players want everything right now and aren't prepared to graft and put the hours in to get what they want.
They'd rather go to an already successful club, sit on a bench, have the odd run out and get a medal for it at the end so they can say they once won something

It's not just symptomatic of the way the sport has changed over the years but also society in general

People want everything and they want it today. They don't have the patience to wait 2-3 years for a project to come to fruition. Sadly a lot of supporters are also the same
Pfffft!

We have a "billionaire" in place who can match all our best players ambitions I was told.

I think the real reason lies outside these players, and we know it too. They are unconvinced by the 'vision', such as it is.

By the end of this summer when the net spend is calculated I'm convinced (for the second summer running) we'll see why they didn't buy into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back