Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see his pal Stones having words about how 'great' it is at City. Even though he will become Fabian Delph there.
Or his pal Eric Dier telling hm how incredible Spurs are. Even though he won't get in ahead of Dier himself, Wanyama, Eriksen, Lamela, and so on.

You would think he would see how Stones has fared at City and realise the grass isn't always greener...

You would think he would see how Stones has fared at City and realise the grass isn't always greener...

He's not exactly done bad.

Hasn't taken massive strides forward either, like, but he's probably a better player than he was this time last year.

Barkley would very much fit in at City as well. And they're keen on him.

All those saying he would not get in certain teams, he doesnt need to......He would easily be in their squads, and thats what the best teams need, good squad options.

Chelsea have Moses, Chalobah, Musonda, Kenedy, Loftus-Cheek...Ross is better than all of these.The also look to be selling Fabregas.
Spurs have Lamela, Nkondou, Sissoko, Onomah, Winks, Ross is better than all these, so would improve them.
City have Gundogan injury prone, Yaya on last legs, Fabien Delph, tehy even play Zabaleta in midfield at times, Ross would easily improve that group.
Arsenal - Well, he is better than most of their midfielders.
United - Fellaini, Carrick getting old. They only really have Pogba and Herrera, they need more player for CL.

...I suspect Stones has no regrets about the move.

Monetary wise probably not. No trophies won again and less playing time for a CB who has been deemed world class. If Ross moves to a top 6 side he is going to have to come to terms of being a squad player, something I'm not sure would be good for Ross and the mental and physical side of his game.

All those saying he would not get in certain teams, he doesnt need to......He would easily be in their squads, and thats what the best teams need, good squad options.

Chelsea have Moses, Chalobah, Musonda, Kenedy, Loftus-Cheek...Ross is better than all of these.The also look to be selling Fabregas.
Spurs have Lamela, Nkondou, Sissoko, Onomah, Winks, Ross is better than all these, so would improve them.
City have Gundogan injury prone, Yaya on last legs, Fabien Delph, tehy even play Zabaleta in midfield at times, Ross would easily improve that group.
United - Fellaini, Carrick getting old. They only really have Pogba and Herrera, they need more player for CL.

Squads yes, starting 11's I'm not so sure and Ross I believe is someone who needs to be playing week in week out

I think if he has anything about him he'll want to go somewhere where he has a chance of playing regularly, not be another Harry Winks or Loftus-Cheek coming on as a sub with 5 minutes left every game.

Squads yes, starting 11's I'm not so sure and Ross I believe is someone who needs to be playing week in week out

Deli Ali didnt go to Spurs knowing he would walk into that team ?? Dier the same.

Who had Tom Davies walking into our first team now ??

Clubs dont just want to buy first team players, they want to improve their whole squad. Every player has to fight for a place these days, Ross will need to do that even with us.

Wanting to better himself, new challenge, new fans, new coach, CL footy IS exciting.

I think if he has anything about him he'll want to go somewhere where he has a chance of playing regularly, not be another Harry Winks or Loftus-Cheek coming on as a sub with 5 minutes left every game.

If he has anything about him, he will want to push himself to fight to get into the best team he can.

THATS ambition.

RK is the mouthpiece at Everton just like most managers are at their clubs but things like extending contracts take a while and sorry I just don't get it how it has come to this with both Ross and RL. I can't believe the senior management at Everton weren't working on contract extensions for both way before RK turned up and if they weren't then there is a major issue for we do know Barry ,Baines and Holgate were awarded shinny new contracts in Dec, discussions It was said had started in the summer before a ball was kicked under RK stewardship.

Put to one side Holgate I do however question the sanity of offering a 32 year old, Baines, an additional 2 years in one contract and likewise to offer Barry a contract in advance of seasons end running to his 37th year was strange to a degree bordering on reckless.

Up to the age of 30 long term contracts are commonplace but once a player tips 30 the majority of contracts are on an annual basis with options for another year which are activated towards seasons when you have a far more up to date view of performance and injury record to factor into any decisions.
In effect I am questioning Everton's whole approach to contract negotiations and the ability of the negotiating team to get the difficult ones over the line whereas the ones where they really should be more pragmatic seem to fly through.

...some players don't want to sign. It doesn't have to be somebody's fault, they just want to play elsewhere. This is particularly true of those in demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back