Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see his pal Stones having words about how 'great' it is at City. Even though he will become Fabian Delph there.
Or his pal Eric Dier telling hm how incredible Spurs are. Even though he won't get in ahead of Dier himself, Wanyama, Eriksen, Lamela, and so on.

Unless he'd like to play on goal he ain't getting near that city team

Despite my doubts about Ross's consistency l really do not think he is going anywhere. Perhaps he is being poorly advised over the contract situation, maybe in his head he is suffering some doubts but l honestly believe if you sat the lad down without his agent and stuck a contract under his nose he would gladly sign it and commit himself to us for another 3-5 years. His agent is running the show and playing a game of bluff in my eyes. He could, however, just end up forcing the lad out of the club he loves because Ronko, l suspect, will not dance to the tunes of agents who clearly have only their own agendas at heart. They are the real leeches and players really need to take greater responsibility for their own career paths much in the same way Joe Public has to.
But, of course, they are spoon fed from an early age and, alas, very few have the gumption to think for themselves.

...I'm reminded of something Jamie Redknapp said a few months ago after he'd had a conversation with Barkley. Redknapp got the distinct impression that Barkley fancies a change and is looking to move on in the summer. He could be wrong of course but that comment did stick in my mind.

RK is the mouthpiece at Everton just like most managers are at their clubs but things like extending contracts take a while and sorry I just don't get it how it has come to this with both Ross and RL. I can't believe the senior management at Everton weren't working on contract extensions for both way before RK turned up and if they weren't then there is a major issue for we do know Barry ,Baines and Holgate were awarded shinny new contracts in Dec, discussions It was said had started in the summer before a ball was kicked under RK stewardship.

Put to one side Holgate I do however question the sanity of offering a 32 year old, Baines, an additional 2 years in one contract and likewise to offer Barry a contract in advance of seasons end running to his 37th year was strange to a degree bordering on reckless.

Up to the age of 30 long term contracts are commonplace but once a player tips 30 the majority of contracts are on an annual basis with options for another year which are activated towards seasons when you have a far more up to date view of performance and injury record to factor into any decisions.
In effect I am questioning Everton's whole approach to contract negotiations and the ability of the negotiating team to get the difficult ones over the line whereas the ones where they really should be more pragmatic seem to fly through.

All this spurs talk is purely press speculation.he s not good enough for us so he s got no chance of a game for them. I believe koeman doesnt fancy him like myself. Sigurdsen will be a massive improvement. Talent is obviously there but the application isnt. That incisive football brain just isnt there. Bye !

He clearly is good enough for us and Koeman certainly does fancy him.

But we won't be held to ransom.

Last time I checked, the manager was saying he has a week to sign the contract he has been stalling on for a while now ......belters for not liking that?

He actually said that Barkley has until the end of the season to make his decision and inform the club.

It's perfectly reasonable to not what this to drag on into the summer.

...I'm reminded of something Jamie Redknapp said a few months ago after he'd had a conversation with Barkley. Redknapp got the distinct impression that Barkley fancies a change and is looking to move on in the summer. He could be wrong of course but that comment did stick in my mind.

Aye, especially as Redknapp isn't the smartest so can easily imagine him letting something slip he was told in confidence (he's also not bright enough to make something up either)

He's better than Delph... Or Nolito...

People are getting confused as to how winning clubs are structured. We saw it when Chelsea shipped up you don't have a first 11 you have a first 15 then you have another 10 or so players who would be starters elsewhere who are no more than squad players with ambition.They wait for their chance and know that if they take that chance they have to perform or else they are dropped
RB has been dropped but has he really developed to a stage where his performances are to a high standard on a consistent basis? Perhaps its him but just as likely it's how the club operate, how the players are or are not motivated and quite possibly trained and to a degree the comment from RK being reported today that the players must get fitter is a huge indictment of what is currently happening off the field.

Will be a real shame if he goes imo. He has so much natural ability but doesnt seem to have any nous what to do on and off the ball. I would love him to stay and hopefully Koeman can bring the best out of him.

Tend to think similar to this mate...Trust Koeman all the way on this one...if he goes he goes...yes shame if he does..we move on..Only an opinion but reckon Koeman doesnt rate him as highly as the clown who blew smoke up his ring for 2/3 years and took him backwards...Koeman has certainly added more to his all around game....not sure what all the celebration after scoring the other week and jumping on gladdy wall was all about?
Kinda bored by it all...if your staying say you are.. if your not ditto...

True. I think the only way we will ever find out how good/average Barkley is when he plays for another club. What I've seen over the last few years is 'some' talent,a rare flash of brilliance but a lot of faults in his game but opinions will always be divided while he's at Everton and certain sections will always find excuses for him or be in denial about his true ability,or lack of ability . I suspect that when he goes, he will find that another club/manager will not be as patient with him as Everton,and he will need to hit the ground running to prove himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back