Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Davies is probs causing mixed feelings in Ross' head. In some way Ross might feel he has lost the position of the ultimate talent and home grown player. He's not that 'special' anymore. And before you brush this beautiful psycho-behavioral theory just keep in mind that footyballists arent super humans. Theyll feel these childish emotions like any other average Joe.

Davies has shown me the energy for the box to box role that I've been punting Ross for. I don't know if he has it in him for the role.

In the position Ross takes up so think he should try find himself some more scoring opportunities.

After Rooney left I don't cry about players going anymore. This time I think Ross is being very silly to go (if he does). He is very replaceable.

When a player shows a commitment to leave my head is already on who we can bring in. I must admit the first time Stones wanted to go I was desperate for him to stay. The 2nd time it was about how much we could get, although I believed we were losing the best young defender in the country.

The question is

Does he want to leave for another club
Or is he after a bigger wage

His agent will also be looking for a pay day with the transfer as well.

Despite my doubts about Ross's consistency l really do not think he is going anywhere. Perhaps he is being poorly advised over the contract situation, maybe in his head he is suffering some doubts but l honestly believe if you sat the lad down without his agent and stuck a contract under his nose he would gladly sign it and commit himself to us for another 3-5 years. His agent is running the show and playing a game of bluff in my eyes. He could, however, just end up forcing the lad out of the club he loves because Ronko, l suspect, will not dance to the tunes of agents who clearly have only their own agendas at heart. They are the real leeches and players really need to take greater responsibility for their own career paths much in the same way Joe Public has to.
But, of course, they are spoon fed from an early age and, alas, very few have the gumption to think for themselves.

Ross was superb in 2017 until Morgan got injured. Then he went back to aimless jogging around the pitch imitating a footballer.

Maybe the way Morgan wins ball, covers ground and finds a pass that works for Ross.

Ross was superb in 2017 until Morgan got injured. Then he went back to aimless jogging around the pitch imitating a footballer.

Maybe the way Morgan wins ball, covers ground and finds a pass that works for Ross.

All about getting the ball to him quickly and our Morgs is boss at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back