Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman is not convinced.

Many fans are not convinced.

Couple of England managers have not been convinced.

Many TV and media Muppets, sorry, Pundits are not convinced.

The upshot now is that Ross himself is not convinced and this is all about squeezing every last penny into this contract as possible - as it may well be his last chance for a biggy before he is fully found out and starts to slide into obscurity or bit part player or the slide down to the lesser clubs.

Everyone wants him to succeed and that is part of the pressure. But you're right, so many people have doubts now. How long do we all have to wait until he fills his potential? It's been 4 years since his breakout season.

He's going to be on a high wage at the club. And, and this present time, we could replace him with a player that could have more of an impact. He might become a top player in two/three seasons time. But waiting for a player approaching their mid 20s who have been around a while, the demands of the modern game are such that patience is a rarity.

IMO he doesn't even have a bona fide position. He is a bit of an enigma is our Ross.

The only manager who picked him regardless of how he performed was the balloon Martinez, says it all really for me.

He cannot get near an England team which is devoid of talent in midfield.

That says more about England managers tbh, He was bang in form earlier in the season and people who were having mares were still getting picked ahead of him.

I wouldn't use his position in the England squad as a sign of anything other than the national teams incompetence at all levels.

Barkley was running games earlier this season as well. Parker has nowhere near the natural ability of Barkley. Parker was a workhorse with a good engine on him. The kind of player Moyes would love. He was also hardly playing at the age of 23, a big flop at Chelsea.

Im not saying Barkley is top draw, I'm saying he is still at an age where its ok to not be top draw yet. I don't know where this belief that 23 isn't young anymore has come from. I could list so many great players who didn't look like world beaters at 23.

Our fans would have probably kicked a 23 year old Drogba out the club and written him off as [Poor language removed] as well, but look... a few seasons later and he's smashing it.

what games?

tbf Rooney was quite well known among that particular age group
I agree
Romney was watched and known about from a young age
But Rodwell who's 4 or 5 yrs younger was the next big thing
Romney was established before Rodwell came along.
Hard to think Rodwell is only 26 /27 ,he seems such a long time ago now

That says more about England managers tbh, He was bang in form earlier in the season and people who were having mares were still getting picked ahead of him.

I wouldn't use his position in the England squad as a sign of anything other than the national teams incompetence at all levels.

So in your view, England managers are wrong? Koeman is wrong?

Everybody has it wrong and Barkley is magnificent?

Sound!

Remember Sunderland away earlier in the season? he was embarrassing and couldn't find a blue shirt. He has been decent since the Hull away game for me just before Christmas, but only in games where there was little pressure.

Sound!

Remember Sunderland away earlier in the season? he was embarrassing and couldn't find a blue shirt. He has been decent since the Hull away game for me just before Christmas, but only in games where there was little pressure.

Completely missed his point.

Regardless of whether they are right or wrong he is saying that the way players get picked for England is absolutely flawed and probably shouldn't be read into too much.

He didnt say Koeman was wrong.

I'm not a big believer in Barkley personally, but i take his point and it rings true.

Sound!

Everybody ? Did I say he was magnificent ? I said he still has the potential and time to become magnificent.

They are entitled to their opinions but if he's so rubbish why is he attracting interest from the likes of Spurs and Arsenal ? I value their managers opinions far higher than Koemans or Southgates tbh.

Off top of my head... WBA, Bournemouth, Leicester, West Ham, was also very good against Spurs away as well, the only player in the entire squad who looked on the same level as Spurs players. Im sure there are more as well.

all the big boys then and only 1 game in first half of the season.

There's some hypocrisy going on here over Ross Barkley being given an ultimatum when the one supplying it struggled against one being forced on himself.

It's not rocket science mate.

I was giving an example of a player who thought a big money move was the answer and promptly sat on a bench for 2 years. Chelsea who were dominating thought he was good enough to buy, not really sure why that is such a shock to you.

They are not comparable in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back