Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody ? Did I say he was magnificent ? I said he still has the potential and time to become magnificent.

They are entitled to their opinions but if he's so rubbish why is he attracting interest from the likes of Spurs and Arsenal ? I value their managers opinions far higher than Koemans or Southgates tbh.

Each to their own mate, we aren't going to fall out about it.

Time is a virtue and unfortunately for Ross as times goes on there will be kids coming through and snapping at his heels for his place in the team.

He is very easily replaced IMO and I don't think what we get back from him is worth of the adoration he gets just because of the post code he was born under.

I would still prefer for him to sign and shove my words right back down my throat, but something isn't right with him so I feel wherever he goes he will have the same problems.

Ross was superb in 2017 until Morgan got injured. Then he went back to aimless jogging around the pitch imitating a footballer.

Maybe the way Morgan wins ball, covers ground and finds a pass that works for Ross.

We are a massively different team overall without Morgan & Seamus.

Coleman's injury has probably cost us a lot of points in the run in imo as he is so key to the way we play - hence my shouts for Kenny to be given a chance instead of a centre half at rightback as he is more in tune to the 'Coleman' role.

Anyway - Ross Barkley situation.

N
E
A

Hes not good enough unfortunately - and I so want him to be our Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes/Bergkamp so hard. He has all the tools and more in some cases than those players (physicality), but cant put it all together.

Can we just clarify, the Scott Parker reference was because he was held in very high esteem and went to Chelsea from Charlton and promptly sat on the bench for them. Prior to that his form for Charlton was exceptional, hence Chelsea buying him.

If you cannot see the comparison in that then OK, that's football :)

Everybody ? Did I say he was magnificent ? I said he still has the potential and time to become magnificent.

They are entitled to their opinions but if he's so rubbish why is he attracting interest from the likes of Spurs and Arsenal ? I value their managers opinions far higher than Koemans or Southgates tbh.

A lot of Arsenal fans don't value their managers opinions
Poch bought Jannsen and Sissoko as well

Each to their own mate, we aren't going to fall out about it.

Time is a virtue and unfortunately for Ross as times goes on there will be kids coming through and snapping at his heels for his place in the team.

He is very easily replaced IMO and I don't think what we get back from him is worth of the adoration he gets just because of the post code he was born under.

I would still prefer for him to sign and shove my words right back down my throat, but something isn't right with him so I feel wherever he goes he will have the same problems.

I agree he can be replaced if he continues to play at his current level but I still think he's got another level or two in him and that he'll show this playing at more creative and free flowing teams like Arsenal and Spurs.

So in your view, England managers are wrong? Koeman is wrong?

Everybody has it wrong and Barkley is magnificent?

Sound!

Remember Sunderland away earlier in the season? he was embarrassing and couldn't find a blue shirt. He has been decent since the Hull away game for me just before Christmas, but only in games where there was little pressure.
That first half lukaku & mirallas were equally as bad if it worse

I agree he can be replaced if he continues to play at his current level but I still think he's got another level or two in him and that he'll show this playing at more creative and free flowing teams like Arsenal and Spurs.
They won't give him the time to develop and show the other level
They want ready made players
Not DIY ones

They won't give him the time to develop and show the other level
They want ready made players
Not DIY ones

Well they won't sign him then will they... meaning all this discussion is irrelevant and he'll still be an Everton player next season.

I know, but you quoted me replying to a post about Scott Parker. I never said 'Ross bosses all the big games'.

Someone said Parker bosses games, I said so has Barkley. This is a fact.

4 games a season against the garbage.
squad player nothing more unfortunately from what i had hoped for 5 yrs ago.

I think he will stay. He would've said if he was going to reject the contract (like Rom). Just holding on for more money.
I really don't understand those slating him, and those saying they are not bothered if he leaves. Its like he has a couple of ineffectual games and he is suddenly brandished as hopeless. Our fans are like goldfish. We have been one of the best teams in the league this year and his form has been a large part of that. From Jan-April we were scoring goals for fun and he was essentially our only major creative outlet from midfield.
He will be a massive miss if he leaves.

The confusing thing to me is everyone just seems so confident of getting in a better replacement, like we're now all of a sudden big time Charlies. I feel like we might be yet again overestimating our appeal to non evertonians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back