Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never really understood the hype with Ross. I've posted consistently over the years that he's been hugely over hyped and overrated - especially on here.

None of that has been Ross' fault mind, so can always judge him objectively.

This has actually been far and away his best season. He's arguably been one of our 3 best players this year, and I don't think there has been a case for that since he started.

As such, it would be a real shame to lose him.
However - he obviously thinks he is better than what the club are offering him, and there are better players out there who we can hopefully attract.
Even those who love him must be disappointed by his unwillingness to sign this contract.
put him in a godd midfield , and you will see how good he is we have no width at all!

The confusing thing to me is everyone just seems so confident of getting in a better replacement, like we're now all of a sudden big time Charlies. I feel like we might be yet again overestimating our appeal to non evertonians.
It's the same stupid logic that we replace him with a better player & expect everything to be rosy he isn't the problem.

If we can get a better replacement then why don't the teams that are apparently looking at Ross just get the better player as they are all better teams than us & more attractive propositions.

Simple fact is he is one of our better players & we need to add, supplement, create competiton not replace.

It's the same stupid logic that we replace him with a better player & expect everything to be rosy he isn't the problem.

If we can get a better replacement then why don't the teams that are apparently looking at Ross just get the better player as they are all better teams than us & more attractive propositions.

Simple fact is he is one of our better players & we need to add, supplement, create competiton not replace.

We would add - but the lad doesn't want to be here, so we have to replace.

Everybody ? Did I say he was magnificent ? I said he still has the potential and time to become magnificent.

They are entitled to their opinions but if he's so rubbish why is he attracting interest from the likes of Spurs and Arsenal ? I value their managers opinions far higher than Koemans or Southgates tbh.
do we really know he is attracting interest from those clubs or is it again just paper talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back