Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. That's the part I really don't understand. Why did this have to be aired in public? How many other players' contracts and their status are aired in public?

Everton has always been know to do things the Everton way, meaning as classy as possible and keep things "in house."

They have certainly not done that here.
Bill, this manager has gone after Barkley from day one. I'm not convinced he wants him here, tbh.

By the way, it's the same manager hurrying Barkley up for an answer and stating that time is about to run out who told Southampton 10 months ago that he wanted to exercise the right to go six months into his final season contract there and that this was no problem for Southampton.

Something doesn't add up.

The stench of hypocrisy is in the air here.

Spurs possibly
City maybe

Either way he's gone, something's happening behind the scenes and I suspect that's why it's being aired in public. The club are firmly putting this in his and his agents hands.

Stuff like this is why some people don't like him I reckon.

He is an above average player with potential to be very good. He is brilliant or terrible.

Why cant he just be good?

Besides, why would he be second fiddle? He could be pushed to show us just how good he could be.
Why cant people accept him for what he is: a very talented player who produces as much as he can with a lot of substandard players around him who give him no opportunity to maximise his talents?

The thought of Ross leaving makes me feel very sad. If we are to build a great side I'd like him to be part of it. If he believes his future is elsewhere then it's his choice. Onwards.

Underwhelming performance. Even for the goal, you could see he had no idea what to do with the ball before shooting.

I was keeping an eye on Koeman's body language. Looked frustrated with him a lot of the time.

Arhhhhh well we move on..... moved on before plenty of times, better players than him and left and we have still survived....

Bill, this manager has gone after Barkley from day one. I'm not convinced he wants him here, tbh.

By the way, it's the same manager hurrying Barkley up for an answer and stating that time is about to run out who told Southampton 10 months ago that he wanted to exercise the right to go six months into his final season contract there and that this was no problem for Southampton.

Something doesn't add up.

The stench of hypocrisy is in the air here.

Ron left Saints in January 2017?

Why cant people accept him for what he is: a very talented player who produces as much as he can with a lot of substandard players around him who give him no opportunity to maximise his talents?

If he was as good as you make out then he would excel regardless. He isn't that good. He's a decent player with a contract offer on the table he could sign tomorrow to end all this nonsense.

Or the management could wind their necks in and do it all in private rather than doing what hes had to put up with all season: being discussed in public.

He;s been treated disgracefully. Anyone with an ounce of fairness in them would acknowledge that.

I hope he stays, but if he does leave I hope he wins big prizes in the game immediately in a team that plays him like the thoroughbred he is.

Oh Dave, shut it. If it was Bobby who'd said it you'd personally be funding a 'Barkley Out' banner to be flown over the stadium.

It's not an ideal situation and so far I don't think either party have done much wrong. But a decision needs to be made and that decision is on Barkley, ultimately.

I really do, like you, hope he stays. So will Koeman and the rest, but if he doesn't make his mind up quickly we're going to be in limbo and that can't be allowed to happen.

I hope he signs, but if he goes then he goes - we move on. He won't be getting rapturous applause from me when he wheels onto the hallowed turf as a visitor with his new team.

He is very talented. He doesnt always put it together though so that makes him a good player. There is nothing wrong with that.

I put him in the same bracket as the likes of Arnautovic and Shaqiri at Stoke. Tons of talent who can be brilliant. They can also have mares.

Top, top players raise the level of those around them. He is not at that level yet. He could be one day who knows?

Or the management could wind their necks in and do it all in private rather than doing what hes had to put up with all season: being discussed in public.

He;s been treated disgracefully. Anyone with an ounce of fairness in them would acknowledge that.

I hope he stays, but if he does leave I hope he wins big prizes in the game immediately in a team that plays him like the thoroughbred he is.

I hope that Everton e in all these big prizes mate, not an ex player, would you cheer this lad on against us?

As for being treated disgracefully, why not sign his contract, then none of this happens

Oh Dave, shut it. If it was Bobby who'd said it you'd personally be funding a 'Barkley Out' banner to be flown over the stadium.

It's not an ideal situation and so far I don't think either party have done much wrong. But a decision needs to be made and that decision is on Barkley, ultimately.

I really do, like you, hope he stays. So will Koeman and the rest, but if he doesn't make his mind up quickly we're going to be in limbo and that can't be allowed to happen.
Precisely, and if Koeman didn't want him here he simply wouldn't be getting any game time, kind of like Martinez with Mirallas, oh yeah......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back