Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron left Saints in January 2017?
His demand of S'ton was that he be able to use his final year as time to negotiate another one year contract...which he did at Feyenoord...three times.

...but Barkley has to sign now.

#doublestandards.

He'll not do better for himself anywhere else. I can't honestly see Spurs or Chelsea or any top six side fitting him in. He'd be looking at West Ham or Newcastle for bigger money.

And he doesn't strike me as a guy who'd prosper abroad - except financially. I wonder what his agent thinks about that.

His demand of S'ton was that he be able to use his final year as time to negotiate another one year contract...which he did at Feyenoord...three times.

...but Barkley has to sign now.

#doublestandards.

You're happy to lose Barkley for nothing next summer then? #clueless

I hope that Everton e in all these big prizes mate, not an ex player, would you cheer this lad on against us?

As for being treated disgracefully, why not sign his contract, then none of this happens
I'll just highlight what I stated for you mate, the font may have been too small for you to have read it...

"I hope he stays"

Everton manager Ronald Koeman: I am really proud of the players' record at home this season with 13 wins in the 19 games. We did not have the aggression and intensity in the first half, but we were better after the break.

Ross's goal is what we need, more goals from midfield. We hope that he will sign the contract, but it is not up to me, or the board, it is up to the player. We have offered Ross a really good contract. We cannot wait until the summer, until August.

I am really happy. I think that we have had a really good season, finishing behind the big six in the Premier League. We need to do better away from home, but that is for next season.

Last edited:

He'll not do better for himself anywhere else. I can't honestly see Spurs or Chelsea or any top six side fitting him in.

And he doesn't strike me as a guy who'd prosper abroad - except financially. I wonder what his agent thinks about that.
You see I think Ross would really do well abroad, he would get more time on the ball and would score more goals like today, in my opinion if he goes that's what he should do.

He is very talented. He doesnt always put it together though so that makes him a good player. There is nothing wrong with that.

I put him in the same bracket as the likes of Arnautovic and Shaqiri at Stoke. Tons of talent who can be brilliant. They can also have mares.

Top, top players raise the level of those around them. He is not at that level yet. He could be one day who knows?

Go along with that.

Problem with Shaqiri and Arnautovic as examples is that they started at the very top (Bayern, Inter) playing Champos league and didn't cut it.

Ross hasn't.

He's the manager . He can do what he wants. Get used to it.
No, he cant. He does what he's told. He's backtracked on a lot o things this season not the least of which was telling another player 'he wants to stay and sign a contract' that he has to leave to fulfil his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back