Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we have said the complete opposite. The manager has just said now he wants him to stay. The only thing driving Ross Barkleys price down is Ross Barkleys unwillingness to sign his contract. He's forced the club into a corner and they have reacted.
They forced him into one with the megaphone negotiation tactics.

IMO, there's been some decision on that that if they went public and placed pressure on the lad he'd cave in and sign. I have to ask myself if that is the case then what sort of basis do we have for this lad to stay and give his best?

I dont think team spirit is great in this squad. Something is wrong when our best are all committed to leaving.

I don't get your point, the fans, Koeman or Moshiri are not getting rid of Barkley, this isn't a Jose and Mata situation at Chelsea this is a player who isn't signing a new contract.

Don't get fans blaming everyone else but the player himself.

I get that view point mate but there are so many questioning his level of ability and thinking a player like him is easily replaced. He isn't and I'm certain he'll prove them all wrong.

IMO, there's been some decision on that that if they went public and placed pressure on the lad he'd cave in and sign. I have to ask myself if that is the case then what sort of basis do we have for this lad to stay and give his best?

I dont think team spirit is great in this squad. Something is wrong when our best are all committed to leaving.

The Martinez years mate. That's what has done us for.

Stones left cause of it. Rom was given a further year despite wanting to leave.
That's all.

I think the fact he's not signing a contract as put our position in tatters. We want him, Ross doesn't want to be here.
Negotiations have been cut off by the club. You do know that's a result of the ultimatum?

Koeman has gone for a balls on the table statement and it's backfired.

Barkley will go and Lukaku will leave...and if the rumours are true that we're looking to tie Valencia up after giving a clown like Mirallas a three year extension and Calvert-Lewin a five year one, I am concerned for this club.

Based on what?

With all due respect mate everything you say is based on ifs, buts and maybes.

Ross Barkley forced Everton to make that statement about signing by next week. That is an indisputable fact. He is a high value asset trying to play hard ball with the club for whatever reason, and the club obviously want him to sign. He obviously has doubts. The club go public as to be seen to be doing something about the situation and avoid looking like other clubs cherry pick our best players when he moves on. I mean we can't force the lad to sign but we have done all we can. If Rom had 12 months left I expect this scenario would have played out also.

The bit about the team spirit is nonsense. If it isn't great, IF, then I suspect Ross and Roms lack of commitment to Everton to be the reason why.

I get that view point mate but there are so many questioning his level of ability and thinking a player like him is easily replaced. He isn't and I'm certain he'll prove them all wrong.

That's just the usual suspects bitter because one of our top players wants out. I'm very vocal about getting shut of Rom and he's the best striker we've had for over 2 decades, but I only want players who are committed to the club and buy into the project, not players who are flirting with the exit door.

We want him to stay but we'll need to cash in now if he doesn't want to stay. You're making out that Koeman is the bad guy. If Barkley wants out then we should take what we can get for him. Our position with suitors is in tatters because he's only got a year left on his contract.
He's got a big gob that's exacerbated the grim mood around this contract negotiation.

He'll not do better for himself anywhere else. I can't honestly see Spurs or Chelsea or any top six side fitting him in. He'd be looking at West Ham or Newcastle for bigger money.

And he doesn't strike me as a guy who'd prosper abroad - except financially. I wonder what his agent thinks about that.

2nd season in a row with 8 assists.
In the top 5 for chances created
English
Relatively cheap (£30mi)

Why wouldn't they?

Spurs arent set up for a counter attack for example and Ross could easily add that to them.

Arsenal have a lot of flops and injury prone players in that side. Ramsey doesn't have much competition (and is far more hit and miss than Ross) if they play him and Ozil.

City and Chelsea don't need him.

Negotiations have been cut off by the club. You do know that's a result of the ultimatum?

Barkley will go and Lukaku will leave...and if the rumours are true that we're looking to tie Valencia up after giving a clown like Mirallas a three year extension and Calvert-Lewin a five year one, I am concerned for this club.

Bollocks. Offered a contract and refused to sign it, it's not that hard. You pick up a pen and commit your future. He wants out.

Secondly, Lukaku was never here for the long run. Even if we invested hundreds of millions his heart is on Chelsea, the same way Ronaldo wanted Madrid

Stop spouting absolute negative [Poor language removed]

The contract is on the table. Has been for eight weeks .

You cry that Moshiri is ruining the clubs financially over Bramley Moore yet slate the club for asking Ross to sign the deal or not .

Your gassed again. Are you Mike Parry ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back