Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant see that one person saying he prefers to go into the last season of his contract and that it's no big deal but then condemning another person for doing the same and claiming it is a big deal is not an act of incredible hypocrisy?

Unreal.

Then money dimension is besides the point. Southampton would have been in the position of scrambling about waiting on making their plans for the following season and with a possible lame duck manager on their hands if he'd have said he didn't wish to stay half way through that season. How is that not the disruption that he says Barkley would have had us in?

Sorry, its indefensible. And it cant be finessed away with claims of 'difference'.
Yes it can.

Did he get asked questions by the press time after time; no. But dropping the club captain for a long period is a statement enough

Another argument lacking any context. But it's just another knife to stick in Koemans back
He INITIATED the Barkley stuff.

Dont try that on mate. This head doesn't button up at the back.

You cant see that one person saying he prefers to go into the last season of his contract and that it's no big deal, but then condemning another person for doing the same and claiming it is a big deal is not an act of incredible hypocrisy?

The money dimension is besides the point.

The money dimension is the point. How you can't see this is baffling.

If you want to make a like for like comparison, maybe you should go back to Koeman's playing days and see whether he preferred to go into the last season of his contract then.

It's a far bigger problem for the club to allow a player to do it, than it is for a manager. It really shouldn't need explaining.

He INITIATED the Barkley stuff.

Dont try that on mate. This head doesn't button up at the back.

I think this important. Barkley has said quite literally nothing. He has acted professionally and allowed his agent to do the work he's paid to do.

The attempt to vilify a player for just doing his job is ridiculous. All this talk of 'loyalty'... Everton is a business first and foremost; Ross pays his agent to get the best pay from that business for his services.

People complain about him being "thick", then complain about him for not being thick on this. He can't win.

So you think we should pay him that?
Considering the amount we've paid in wages to no mark players like Gibson, kone, pienaar round 2, cleverly and niasse over the last 12-24 months I really don't give a hoot how much we pay our best players as long as we keep them and improve its not my money. And for a club that keeps saying we have money I wouldn't have an issue if we offered him 150k a week as long as its sustainable which, let's be honest, should be with the tv deals. No issue at all.

I think this important. Barkley has said quite literally nothing. He has acted professionally and allowed his agent to do the work he's paid to do.

The attempt to vilify a player for just doing his job is ridiculous. All this talk of 'loyalty'... Everton is a business first and foremost; Ross pays his agent to get the best pay from that business for his services.

People complain about him being "thick", then complain about him for not being thick on this. He can't win.
LOL

Just as the club can't win in your eyes.

Considering the amount we've paid in wages to no mark players like Gibson, kone, pienaar round 2, cleverly and niasse over the last 12-24 months I really don't give a hoot how much we pay our best players as long as we keep them and improve its not my money. And for a club that keeps saying we have money I wouldn't have an issue if we offered him 150k a week as long as its sustainable which, let's be honest, should be with the tv deals. No issue at all.

Fair enough.

But if you are paying top dollar, you need or at least want top dollar input. His form over the last 2 years has been far from that at times.

If you pay Barkley that, it's only a matter of time before every other under performer starts making demands, not really a good idea is it?

LOL

Just as the club can't win in your eyes.

Eh?

I don't think the club as such has done anything wrong here; I think Koeman has. He's made it public and hung the player out to dry and I can't see the logic in doing so.

The club has done the right thing - offer a contract, wait to see if the player signs it, be prepared to negotiate it further or sell him if he doesn't sign it. Like any business, this should have been done exclusively behind closed doors wherever possible.

But he's got talent. He's not Osman or Hibbo who'd be there if we were playing in league 2.

It's modern football. The only reason why Gerrard stayed at the RS was because he was getting bullets in the post but was also actually winning goblets with them.

And Rom spouted to all the press he could, his agent is a snake, and dragged us along the whole season thinking he'd 99% sign.

Ross ain't done that. But when Rom does that's okay.

Not one bit. Barkley has talent and everyone wants him to stay, but him and his agent are forcing Everton's hand, it's a simple as that.

He has a contract in front of him and he's given no indication on what he's doing, the club need to plan for the summer and if he's not giving answers then there unsure if they need to recruit for him. So it's simple, sign or get out so I can replace you

Reidy nailed it last night, bin them both off in the summer and get players who want to be here

Eh?

I don't think the club as such has done anything wrong here; I think Koeman has. He's made it public and hung the player out to dry and I can't see the logic in doing so.

The club has done the right thing - offer a contract, wait to see if the player signs it, be prepared to negotiate it further or sell him if he doesn't sign it. Like any business, this should have been done exclusively behind closed doors wherever possible.

So Koeman isn't speaking on behalf of the club?

Of course he is!

He is letting the fans know on behalf of the club that they have made the guy an offer and he does not want to take it.

Not another one just using it as a stick to beat Koeman with are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back